Need help finding old Polizei arm badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding old Polizei arm badges

I've decided it's time I get serious about fixing my old Polizei Einsatzanzug jackets which are missing their original badges. I have three I dug out, two from Baden-Württemburg and one from Hesse. I managed to find the correct Hesse badge on eBay, but I'm coming up with nothing for the B-W badges.

What I need are the pre 1976 type that does not have POLIZEI on it. It's the bevo type woven badge, which is the type used on all service shirts (not jackets), parkas, and Einsatz jackets. Is is NOT the type on green felt used for the service jackets and Mantel. So far I can only find the latter for sale. And yes, I tried Siegmund-Stephan and no luck

Oh, and I need TWO of the B-W badges Good news is I want them in well used condition, so hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

Steve

In September I can go through the Boxes, maybe I have one or 2 left.

Comment

That would be great! It is easy to find the ones for the Dienstjacke, but of course that's not what I need

Steve

Comment

I understood.
        I just sorted the new, but not the used ones.
        There are at least 8 Bananaboxes with worn patches I just put in the Corner as there are to many on the Market and sorting cost's more than earnings from a possible sale, at least at the moment.
        I still have some ton's of british unsorted stuff I have to go through, at the moment it's a Pile of London Metro Police shirts, maybe a thousand or so.

Comment

Thanks! I understand the market problems. I have hundreds of extra badges in my collection and I doubt I'll ever be rid of them

Well, if you do find the ones I need I am happy to "make it worth your while" digging through the boxes.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?

Thanks,
            TJ

Comment

Hi TJ,

I can't upload pics at the moment, but here is a link to an eBay item that is similar:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Polizei-BADEN...wAAOSwM5RZjMgW

The one I need does not have POLIZEI in it and the shield is not quite as long. Note that this is the bevo type, not the felt type. There's plenty of the felt type without POLIZEI, but not bevo

Bevo were worn on the Einsatzjacke and the one I have is from the early 1970s, which means the type with POLIZEI is incorrect since that was introduced after 1976.

Steve

Comment

OK Steve, I'll dig out the boxes and see what I can find.

Good luck in your hunt; you're going to hate it when its over!

All the best,
                TJ

Comment

I'll maybe hate it when my hunt list is at an end. But I think there's several lifetimes before that happens

Steve

Comment

Huntslist

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                    I'll maybe hate it when my hunt list is at an end. But I think there's several lifetimes before that happens

Steve
                    And there is always a new Huntslist waiting

Comment

I can now scratch two things off my "need" list, thanks to Reiner and Jens. That and my trusty 1970s Singer sewing machine

You might notice that the Hesse rank on the right arm is not at a right angle to the Hesse Polizei badge. That's the way it was originally and I simply followed the old stitch holes. A little odd, but it is what it is

Steve

Comment

Steve,
                        I don’t like that you are rebuilding uniforms,

I firmly believe that history should be left alone and not altered!!

Kind regards Chay
                        Last edited by upbeek; 12-12-2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

upbeek,

I would ask, that in the future, you do not make this sort of post on the forum. You have every right to disagree with Steve but this type of comment should be made in a PM to Steve directly. This type of post happens often on the Third Reich forums but is not welcome here.

Regards,

Gordon
                          BRD Moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by upbeek View Post
                            Steve,
                            I don’t like that you are rebuilding uniforms,

I firmly believe that history should be left alone and not altered!!

Kind regards Chay
                            As Gordon pointed out, there's two schools of thought (at least) and both are equally defensible. Since these jackets were not used in service of the BRD without their badging, they are irrevocably altered. Your philosophy or mine can't change that fact.

It all comes to preference... you prefer an item ahistorically altered to remain inconsistent with its historical appearance. I prefer to restore an ahistorically altered item back to its historical appearance. Both views are 100% legitimate and defensible as at the end of the day, no matter what, the fact is that with or without the badges these jackets have been ahistorically altered.

Putting historically incorrect stuff on a uniform is a bad thing in my opinion. For example putting a repro WH breast eagle on a genuine WH tunic. Not good! The two badges in question here are genuine, correct badges affixed exactly where the originals were (including the alignment boo-boo with the Hesse jacket).

That said, I do not believe in undoing historical alterations made while the uniform was in service. For example, I do not support removing collar tabs from a 1956 Affenjacke and putting 1955 metal insignia on it. Removing the collar tabs from a 1955 Affenjacke... tougher call, but I'd probably still side with leaving it alone. However, if I got a 1955 Affenjacke without anything on the collar I for sure would put metal insignia on it.

For what it's worth, that's my take on things

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X