Pre 1979 Bundeswehr FJ Beret Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre 1979 Bundeswehr FJ Beret Badge

Made by oLc (Overhoff & Cie. Ludenscheid)......

Attached Files
    RonR

Sadly missing a prong.....

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

---
      Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

A very nice piece, even with 3 prongs missing. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thought it might be informative to show some FJ badges showing evolution from WW2 , thro' early BW.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Nice badges. I might as well add the current Bndeswehr FJ beret badge to complete the badges worn. One word of caution. The first type FJ beret badges are being faked so be sure you know what you are buying if you intend to buy one.

Regards,

Gordon
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
              The copy parachute beret badges are thicker than the old badges.
              They are also available in nickel silver and gold.
              Man could buy these badges earlier at the Luftlandschule in Altenstadt

Comment

Uncle Kurt,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I'm wondering for how long the old style FJ cap badge remained in use after the introduction of the new badge (with national flag).
                  In most armies the 'old sweats' consider the continued use of older style uniforms & badges, within reason, as being 'alley' and I doubt whether the BW is any different.
                  Perhaps an ex-BW contributor might enlighten us.
                  Of course the Panzer troops and Jagers also wore old style beret badges prior to the rest of the army adopting the beret as headwear in 1978.

Comment

@ RJKG
                    When I joined the paras in January 1983, there were still a fair number of berets with old-style badges available. Many of us didn't like the new badges and made sure they got their hands on the "proper" ones. Me included.

BTW: My "Spieß" wore a silvered old-style badge on his beret...

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Bison View Post
                      @ RJKG
                      When I joined the paras in January 1983, there were still a fair number of berets with old-style badges available. Many of us didn't like the new badges and made sure they got their hands on the "proper" ones. Me included.

BTW: My "Spieß" wore a silvered old-style badge on his beret...

Karl
                      Thanks for the info. Personally I prefer the look of the old style cap badges.

Comment

Back in '88 when delivering military post to different military bases in the North, I would carry with me a few of my military branch of service beret badges and swap them for other units beret badges. I swaped several of the old style without the national flag for my units badge and have them still in my collection! So obviously there were still some of the old style in the stores? And then there were some military surplus stores that sold the old stock too. When the cloth beret badges came out I then purchased one of those and removed my metal one.

Comment

On an older beret as it came from the owner:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice beret! That looks to be a private purchase of a type I've not seen before. I've seen quite a few Spanish made berets in BW service, but not nearly as colorful on the inside as this one.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RJKG View Post
                              I'm wondering for how long the old style FJ cap badge remained in use after the introduction of the new badge (with national flag).
                              In most armies the 'old sweats' consider the continued use of older style uniforms & badges, within reason, as being 'alley' and I doubt whether the BW is any different.
                              Perhaps an ex-BW contributor might enlighten us.
                              Of course the Panzer troops and Jagers also wore old style beret badges prior to the rest of the army adopting the beret as headwear in 1978.
                              They are still in use today. Here's a picture of Oberst der Reserve Stein, chairman of the Hessian state Reserve association.

https://www.xing.com/image/3_8_a_4b1....1024x1024.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X