WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmet cover made from Filzlaus material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet cover made from Filzlaus material?

This for me unknown cover came in a lot from an BW soldier of the early days, selfmade?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Would have been my first guess as well. Can you post a pic with this cover on a Bw helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
        Would have been my first guess as well. Can you post a pic with this cover on a Bw helmet?
        I only have an US M1 helmet, will take pics later.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
          I only have an US M1 helmet, will take pics later.
          here
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yep, looks like a custom-made helmet cover. I've never seen such a "variation" before but nothing is impossible.

Comment

That's easy.
                It's just a Regimental made Protective Cover for the "Repräsentationshelm" to prevent them from getting scratched when stored or carried.
                Nothing from the NSN List.
                The DDR had the same ones and I made a lot of them in oversize to protect the Helmets in the Boxes when I go to shows.

Comment

Great info, Nico! So these saw use with the Wachbataillon!? I'm learning something new every day.

Comment

That's where I saw one.
                    For a while I visited a Captain very often and saw lot's of Stuff in the Collection.
                    The Honor Room of the "Semper Talis Bund" what is in the Berlin WB Building was renamed from Ehrensaal to my Families Name some yrs. ago.

Comment

P.S.: For sure this Cover comes from the old Bonn Era of the Bn.
                      It's was common to use old Material, for sure they had some Rolls of the Fabric in the Unit's Tailor Shop what they used after there was no longer use for it in Uniforms.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Very interesting info. Thanks for posting it.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X