Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundesgrenzschutz Officers Uniform, Opinions

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some opinions on this uniform. Very clean and well made, jacket is tailor made. Pants included. Visor wreath is attacked with a pin rather than sewn on.

Opinions on rank, year produced/used, rarity, etc? I have not been able to find much about the officer uniforms online. Normally I stick to the Third Reich area of the forum, but every now and then, something cool West or East German pops up that I have to snag. I can provide more pictures if needed. I apologize for the bad photos in advance, but it is all I can take right now with my mannequin in storage.

Thanks,
    Hayden

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

[ATTACH]3859397[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3859398[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3859399[/ATTACH]

Comment

That's a very nice, complete uniform! With shooters cord on it as well.

As the jacket is tailor made there's probably no date on the label. Maybe the trousers have a date? The date of wear is early 1970s because there is the Bundegrentzschutz arc above the eagle, though the uniform could be a little older and the wearer had the arc added when regulations changed. So without any other information I'd say 1969-1976 is the date range.

The rank is for Meister im BGS. Kinda in the middle of the NCO rank spectrum.

Prices for these uniforms is all over the map. However, complete with a hat is definitely something that would get more than the pieces separately. Dunno... maybe EUR 100 range. Maybe a bit more. I've always been surprised that prices aren't consistently higher. I've bought some really nice pieces for ridiculously low prices on German eBay.

Steve

Comment

Meister is equivalent of a senior NCO rank, they wore mixture of other ranks and officer distinctions. The rarest part about it is the Grenzschutzeinzeldienst cufftitle. Not easy to find uniform with one.

GSE was the passport control service and started to wear the regular BGS uniforms with cufftitle in 1970 (before this wore blue blazer), so this date uniform to 1970-76, if cufftitle originally applied. The cap is for Meister ranks, however is wrong for this tunic - GSE wore cap with white top.

Regards
          Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
            Meister is equivalent of a senior NCO rank, they wore mixture of other ranks and officer distinctions. The rarest part about it is the Grenzschutzeinzeldienst cufftitle. Not easy to find uniform with one.

GSE was the passport control service and started to wear the regular BGS uniforms with cufftitle in 1970 (before this wore blue blazer), so this date uniform to 1970-76, if cufftitle originally applied. The cap is for Meister ranks, however is wrong for this tunic - GSE wore cap with white top.

Regards
            Klaus
            Would the GSE's white top hat be worn for all occasions, such as formal events and office work?

Steve

Comment

from what i understand. The Bundespolizei still wear them for passport control. Their work was more or less type of "office work" in most cases.

Regards
              Klaus

Comment

Very nice ! Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X