Early (1958?) M.60 helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early (1958?) M.60 helmet

I have been looking for an early BW helmet (I have a liner for the M56 helmet- but havent found a shell yet)

Anyway I snagged this off ebay- I believe its a early M60 with the first pattern liner- I have heard these were actually first issued earlier than that, from the markings could this be a 1958 example??

1958 eary M60

yes, it appears to be a 1958 dated shell with the first pattern leather liner

nice example, I see a few on ebay every once in a while, I think the West Germans used them until they became obsolete, some were never upgraded with new liner / straps

yours has the first type of liner used in the M60 without the extra vent holes in the flaps, but did have small holes on the front forehead area of the liner.

the second type M60 had vent holes in the leather flaps

http://brendonshelmets.weebly.com/west-germany-m60.html

Iran purchased thousands of Bundeswehr (West German) M62 helmets in the 1970's during the Shahs reign, some were given Iranian made liners and sand painted

Im sure plenty of the earlier M60 type also made it to Iran

Comment

Originally posted by bolo View Post
      yes, it appears to be a 1958 dated shell with the first pattern leather liner

nice example, I see a few on ebay every once in a while, I think the West Germans used them until they became obsolete, some were never upgraded with new liner / straps

yours has the first type of liner used in the M60 without the extra vent holes in the flaps, but did have small holes on the front forehead area of the liner.

the second type M60 had vent holes in the leather flaps

http://brendonshelmets.weebly.com/west-germany-m60.html

Iran purchased thousands of Bundeswehr (West German) M62 helmets in the 1970's during the Shahs reign, some were given Iranian made liners and sand painted

Im sure plenty of the earlier M60 type also made it to Iran
      I agree. Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X