Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed With This German General's Tunic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed With This German General's Tunic!

Well, as you can see, this is not a Third Reich era tunic, but a tunic for a Major General of the Bundeswehr. This tunic is made in a very fine quality wool. It has beautifully toned old bullion embroidery on the collar tabs. On the left shoulder is a patch which two of the forum members were able to identify as the headquarters of the 11th Panzer Grenadier Division. The buttons are toned gilt, marked with the Assman logo and the designation "Extra Fein". Underneath the right shoulder strap is a button for an aguliette. I was hoping someone might have some knowledge or information on Bundeswehr uniforms. I'm trying to determine if this style of tunic is still worn (no breast pockets, two lower slash pockets), and the circumstances under which it is or was worn. Is it a service dress tunic, a walking out tunic, or what? Additionally, I'd like to try and find out if the Bundeswehr Generals wore aguilettes in gold or were they silver? If anyone has any information I'd be grateful. Thanks!...............

I don't have my catalog from the German version of Clothing Sales with me; it's at home. Some of our German members may have more expertise, though.

IIRC, the version without pockets is the parade dress uniform, but I don't know what the BW calls that.

The Oldenburg-based 11. PzGrenDiv was formed around 1970 and disbanded in the cutbacks of 1992-95, so that's your timeframe.

The "Fangschnur für Generale" is gold colored. According ot the online catalog (which doesn't have pictures), it costs 34 euros.

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

first of all, a nice tunic. It belonged probably to the Division Commanding General. The German Divisions have normally a 2-star as Commanding General and a 1-star as Deputy Commanding General

This tunic style is not in use now. Today we have only the 4-pocket tunics. I dont know exactly at what time this style was obsolet, but I think about 20 years ago.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Daniel is right, this should be the early version of tunic which were in use until 1964. Is there a tab inside the tunic, maybe with a date?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X