Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr Pistol Belt ? Help required

Hello Gents,
    a collectors mate ask me for help on this rare piece.
    He has a Pistol Belt and was told that the Soldier got it in 1956 in Andernach to carry the Colt 1911. He was also told that the soldier was reenlisted, he was born in 1925 and served in WW2 in Italy

The fittings are made of aluminium there are no makers markings like in the Book of Lothar Schuster, but the Colour of the webbing match exactly the grey as the shown one, unfortunately is the button plain and not grained as typical for the german buttons.
    He sent me a picture in a straight comparison between the pistol belt and the second pattern belt, the second pattern has a lighter grey blue as the pistol belt.

So any here able to help, is it maybe a belt of a other european country or possible a bundeswehr issued one?

Kind regards
    Mick

I have a similar belt with the plain buton for the magazine pouch, and I was told to be Belgium. All genuine German made belts have the pebbled buttons and are stamped.

But...in the Munster Tank Museum they have a belt from Belgian manufacture to be claimed of Bundeswehr use. So maybe they also used the Belgium belts?

Still donĀ“t know.

Comment

Thank you Hoover, all belgium belts from this period that I have seen was in various shades of olive green web material with blackened brass fittings.
      So is it possible made by a belgium company for the early Bundeswehr

Comment

The Belgians also had the blueish grey Webbing for their Air Force.
        Just found some Pouches in my Storage.

Comment

It sure looks like the same one in the book! The background on it certainly seems plausible too. However, I am also concerned about the snap being smooth instead of pebble. I'm not sure if that disqualifies this belt, but it does raise a legitimate question.

There was a lot of cross activities between Belgian and German manufactures at the time. The first BW camouflage uniforms, in Leibermuster camouflage, were produced in Belgian in 1955. German manufacturers produced Zeltbahn/ponchos for the Belgian armed forces 1955-1957 (maybe later too). I seem to remember more activities like this, but I can not think of the specifics at this time.

Steve

Comment

I have read the Text of the book, and it only said that the Belt in the Garlstedt Collection only have Markings on the fittings colour and the grained button are indicate that the pistol belt is made in germany.
            If I understand it right are the belgian pieces have another colour but it is not impossible that there was a contract lot belgian made belts for germany.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X