Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undeserved cold weather equipment

Hello all.
    This is my first post. Please move if required.
    I have some cold weather clothing and I'm looking to pare it down to the minimum.
    I have 2 bw parkas. With teddyfutter lining. One long with no epaullettes and slant and deep pockets made by alreichenauer bekleidungsfabrik and the other shorter by jeans express. Which to keep. Are they both repro or are they original?
    Also just acquired a mountain cap 1983.
    Am amazed at the build quality even if repro. Much better than sturm M51 and M65 parkas.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Madadam; 04-12-2017, 01:07 AM. Reason: Typo

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Without pictures I doubt if we can help you identify these pieces. I have never heard of parkas bein repro'd. perhaps others have? To post pictures there are three things that you can do.
    1-become a member of the WAF by paying the annual dues which are in the neighbourhood of US$35.00.
    2-Post pictures using a host;
    3-Or someone who is a WAF member could post pictures foor you.
    Only members can sell artifacts on the WAF and they can not be sold on the individual sub forums. They can only be sold through what is called the estand which is located at the very end of all of the sub forums.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Sorry to say, that I allready saw repro Parkas.

Comment

The long parka with slash pockets sounds like the civil guard type. If so, it is not Bundeswehr, but is official German government issue. Intended for civilian guards of military installations.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
          The long parka with slash pockets sounds like the civil guard type. If so, it is not Bundeswehr, but is official German government issue. Intended for civilian guards of military installations.

Steve
          Steve, the so called "StoV Parka" mostly used to dress the civilian personell is an official BW item with NSN and everything else to make it suitable to the logistic system...finally making it a BW garment by being issued to certain members of the Bundesmarine - its worn by submarine personell!

Jens

Comment

Cool! First I've heard of BW personnel getting these parkas. I had one from (IIRC) 1962, so they have been around for a very long time.

Steve

Comment

Gentlemen,

It would be great to see a picture of what we are talking about!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Check this old post of mine. Last two pictures in the first post is possibly what's being discussed in this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...inter+Uniforms

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Now if someone could confirm the parka in yur post iis the one we are discussing that would be great. I'll have to in my collection sometime tomorrow. Ou plan lands in Ottawa at 12:35 am on the 27th so can not look today.

Regards,

Goordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X