BSG Greatcoat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG Greatcoat ?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me date this winter coat - has shield stitching on left shoulder (but no sign of arch above). It's in awesome condition, almost un-issued I'd say. No sign of having had shoulder-boards either.

[IMG]M36 Greatcoat by Dallas Poll Photography, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by SouthPoll; 04-02-2017, 11:11 PM.

Yup, that's for sure BGS. Probably 1960s. Check the inside left pocket for a label. If it's older there might be an ink stamp somewhere on the liner. Usually these coats are well marked.

I've seen a few unissued ones on the market over the years.

Depending on the age, yours might not need an arc. However, there's a couple of different eagle/shield badges that are age sensitive, therefore if you want to add badging you need to pay attention to the details.

Steve

Comment

Great, thanks for the info. Should be three pics showing now....possibly 1964? Cheers

Comment

yes, 1964 contract. There should be traces of eagle on the sleeve, even if unissued.

Comment

Ah! For some reason only the first picture showed up for me when I responded.

Yup, 1964 for sure. You are looking for a bevo badge sewn onto green felt. At least I think that's the correct one for this coat. Definitely no arc above it as that wasn't introduced until something like 1972. I can't ever remember the exact date!

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X