Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veteran Medals

Gentlemen,

I know that Austria had medals for her veterans who served during WWII. What part of Germany had medals for veterans who served during WWII? I was thinking of Bavaria as an example. Maybe a few photos of the medals?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Hi Edward L. Hsiao,

when you write "Austria had medals for her veterans who served during WWII", what do you mean?

There is only an Austrian veterans organization named "Österreichischer Kameradschaftsbund (ÖKB)".
    The decoration is named "Kriegserinnerungskreuz 1939-1945".
    Please see bottom left:

http://www.okb.at/kaernten/ueber_uns...ikel11370.html

I personally don't know, for what it is good.

And I don't know any official German or Bavarian decoration for veterans who served during WWII.

Uwe

Comment

Just took a look into the literature, there were no official awards/medals for former WW2-veterans. Veterans were allowed to wear their awards without swastikas (the so called 1957 medals) from 1957 on dress coats. I don´t know if you mentioned them in this case.

Comment

Nothing Official

Gentlemen,

I'm talking about the unofficial awards that the German veteran organizations after WWII made. I wasn't talking about anything official at all. Plenty of the awards were like "home made". Any photographs of these unofficial German awards can you show to me?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Originally posted by Edward L. Hsiao View Post
          Gentlemen,

I'm talking about the unofficial awards that the German veteran organizations after WWII made. I wasn't talking about anything official at all. Plenty of the awards were like "home made". Any photographs of these unofficial German awards can you show to me?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao
          Edward,

as far as I have understood you're talking about veteran association's insignia or "awards" like those from the Kyffhäuserbund e.g., right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyffh%C3%A4userbund

I'll go through the my stuff and see if I can find something to post.

Regards

Lars

Comment

Hi Edward,

do you have some examples that you can show us?

I don't know such "unofficial German awards".

Uwe

Comment

Gentlemen,

I'm not a expert on the computer and I don't have any way to post pictures to show.

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X