Help with velcro sleeve patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with velcro sleeve patches

You'll have to forgive me for asking this question here, but I think it is the most appropriate place to ask. This past weekend I purchased my first flecktarn field shirt that was made in 2010. It has the Velcro strips on the left chest and right sleeve for name tag and unit patch. I've found a company where I can order the correct name tape and the slip on rank insignia for the shoulderboards, but I don't know where to get the Velcro unit patches for the sleeve. I collect DDR border guard items and don't know anything about the West German or new united German uniforms. The field shirt looks cool and I got it at a killer price so I just couldn't pass it up. Any help on where to find authentic Velcro sleeve patches would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Hi there,
    If you want you can have my old patch that I wore on my field blouse. It´s for the 1. Coy of Logistic Bn 461, stationed in a place called Wallduern, about
    70km away from Heidelberg. If you are interested send me your mail-address for pics.
    Kind regards
    Harry

Comment

Which branch color (Litzen = Braid) do you intend to add to the rank insignia?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffenfarbe_(Bundeswehr))

Scroll down a bit.
      Last edited by Proud Kraut; 10-06-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I will be adding bright red litzen to the shoulder straps for Artillery. I did manage to find a full color unit patch for a mechanized artillery unit on German e-bay that I purchased, but if anyone knows of any other Velcro artillery unit insignia, I may be interested in them. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash00TA View Post
          I will be adding bright red litzen to the shoulder straps for Artillery. I did manage to find a full color unit patch for a mechanized artillery unit on German e-bay that I purchased, but if anyone knows of any other Velcro artillery unit insignia, I may be interested in them. Thanks for the help!
          Artillery, a good choice! Because of the (former) size of this branch you can find hundreds of different colored and subdued shoulder patches for your Feldbluse. Would be great to see some pictures of it, when completed.

Lars

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I am unable to post pics but if you are able and willing, I can send you some when I complete it. This weekend I ordered some custom nametapes with my last name in black on tarn, a set of the slip on rank loops for the shoulderstraps for a Stabshauptmann in black on tarn, a bright unit patch for a mechanized artillery unit for the sleeve. Now all I have to obtain is the red litzen for the shoulderstraps and it will be complete! I really like the look of the flecktarn camo pattern and may obtain a few more pieces in the future, we will have to see how it goes. I haven't seen very many artillery sleeve patches with Velcro for sale on German e-bay, but I've only been searching for a week now so hopefully more will turn up in the future. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash00TA View Post
              Thank you for your feedback. I am unable to post pics but if you are able and willing, I can send you some when I complete it. This weekend I ordered some custom nametapes with my last name in black on tarn, a set of the slip on rank loops for the shoulderstraps for a Stabshauptmann in black on tarn, a bright unit patch for a mechanized artillery unit for the sleeve. Now all I have to obtain is the red litzen for the shoulderstraps and it will be complete! I really like the look of the flecktarn camo pattern and may obtain a few more pieces in the future, we will have to see how it goes. I haven't seen very many artillery sleeve patches with Velcro for sale on German e-bay, but I've only been searching for a week now so hopefully more will turn up in the future. Thanks again!
              I can send you a couple of red Litzen and OD rank loops, no problem, just forward me your mailing address via pm.
              Concerning the "Stabshauptmann" rank: Please keep in mind that this specific rank is limited to warrant officers (Fachdienstoffiziere) who serve in higher commands, departments or headquarters, NOT Artillery field units. So this rank would not fit to your MechArty unit patch.

Lars

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X