Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet, Polizei Baden Württemberg

Hi, mates !

Wanna show you this, (personalized), helmet, worn by an officer of the Polizeiposten, (Police Station), Neckartenzlingen, (Federal State Baden Württemberg, West Germany).

In my view a bonny, post WWII manufactured, helmet.

Anybody knows the (correct) term of this pattern helmet ?
    Could it be an "early pattern" M1935-53 (40/53), or, possibly, M40/52 ? ...

Thx. in advance,
    R.
    Attached Files

2.):
    Attached Files

Comment

3.):
      Attached Files

Comment

4.):
        Attached Files

Comment

nice example!

Not know "official" term for it, but these terms you mention like Stahlhelm 35/53, etc. refer to the rivetless helmets used by BGS and a couple Länder. 1953 is date of introduction for the liner, which is not used in BaWü helmets.

Regards
          Klaus

Comment

A real Beauty ! Tom

Comment

Thx.!

Comment

Wow! Complete with all the markings one could wish for! Very nice!!

Steve

Comment

BaWü-Stahlhelm

Congrats to this beauty! Interestingly the Decal is the right-side one worn on the left side. I´ve seen this now for the second time. Never seen a BaWü helmet with two decals, but they are -as one can see on your helmet- produced. There is no official Type-name for this post-WWII helmet. The Police just call it "Stahlhelm" without special designation. If they had, I think it would be "Stahlhelm 35", but that´s just a guess...

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Originally posted by ReinerMB42 View Post
                    Congrats to this beauty! Interestingly the Decal is the right-side one worn on the left side. I´ve seen this now for the second time. Never seen a BaWü helmet with two decals, but they are -as one can see on your helmet- produced. There is no official Type-name for this post-WWII helmet. The Police just call it "Stahlhelm" without special designation. If they had, I think it would be "Stahlhelm 35", but that´s just a guess...

Best regards

Reiner
                    Hi !

As far as I know such decals are always affixed upon the left side of the helmet.

But, you´re right, the heraldic shield looks a little odd.
                    Please, note the big cats, they´re lookin´ rightwards not leftwards, as usual !

Best regards,
                    R.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Meanwhile I learned, the decal was affixed back-to-front upon the helmet.

Not that often seen !

Comment

Polizei Helmet BW

Originally posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
                        Meanwhile I learned, the decal was affixed back-to-front upon the helmet.

Not that often seen !
                        Ah, that´s it! I saw this right-looking decals on helmets 2-3 times before, and presumed that they were for 2-decal helmets. But I never saw a 2-decal one. Now that mystery is solved, thank you!

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Here is my Post WWII Police Helmet made by Linnemann&Schnetzer in the 50's. I was told there was only one run of these helmets made in several versions later on, this is the first type, still retaining the 3-rivet attachment system, and stamped air vents
                          Later models lack the 3 rivets and even the air vents were taken out of the production process.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by radom View Post
                            Here is my Post WWII Police Helmet made by Linnemann&Schnetzer in the 50's. I was told there was only one run of these helmets made in several versions later on, this is the first type, still retaining the 3-rivet attachment system, and stamped air vents
                            Later models lack the 3 rivets and even the air vents were taken out of the production process.
                            That is incorrect. This style was used by Baden-Württemberg until 80s. Helmet models depended on the state. Only some used the model without vents and/or rivets, as did BGS. Those that did, like BGS, typically started with WW2 shells and not the postwar made helmets with rivets.

Regards
                            Klaus

Comment

@ radom

Great lookin´ pot !
                              Thx. a lot, for showin´ !

Cheers,
                              R.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X