Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bundesmarine Caps - Unit Pins / Verbandsabzeichen question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundesmarine Caps - Unit Pins / Verbandsabzeichen question(s)

Hello -- I recently acquired a 1956 dated Bundesmarine mates cap which has a small shield bearing a leaping red . . . leopard? jaguar? Some big cat -
    Attached Files

Bundesmarine unit pins / verbandsabzeichen

Here's the maker's date label - I am guessing from the age of the hat that it most probably came from a crewmember of a "Jaguar"- class schnellboot, though the Schnellboot page on Wappen doesn't show an exact match (http://s-boot.net/sboote-bm-wappen.html)

I know I have found other photos of Bundesmarine crewmwmbers wearing these pins on their Schirmmuetze or Tellermuetze - frequently more than one (see page 188 and 206 in Walter Kunstwadl's "Von der Affenjacke zum Tropentarnanzug", in the caption for the p.188 photo it says the Korvettenkapitaen shown has the pins of previous ships he has served on) I have also found an unfollowable thumbnail link (long since forgotten) which showed a row of sailors in tellermuetze with some of these.

My question is this: does anyone know where can I find more information about these pins (or more good pictures of them being worn on-duty)? I know I have seen some which appear to be similar on sale on ebay.de, but I don't know whether these are simply veteran's items, issue items, or both (manufactured by the same companies).

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Chris Bauermeister
    Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

Very nice cap and the addition of the pin makes it more so. There is no published research on these pins that I am aware of except the pictures that you already referred to. Obviously these pins are a hang over from the ones worn in the Kriegsmarine. There is also relatively little research on the Bundesmarine in books or on the forum. I have a collection of unit plaques that may provide some information. I'll go through them and see if I can find anything of interest. If you can come up with any information on specific pins to units please post them on the forum.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Bundesmarine cap pins

Thanks for the input, as always, Gordon -

From what I have been able to tell from the few photos available, as well as those pins offered on ebay.de or from German manufacturers:

http://www.schwemmlein.com/xist4c/we..._id_20902_.htm
        http://www.neumeyer-abzeichen.de/Art...cknadeln_2.htm

The designs on the pins seem to be the same or very similar to those used as Wappen for the individual ships, though the only categorized listing of these I have found is on the aforementioned Schnellboot-Seite (and that, of course, is only for the Schnellboote):

http://s-boot.net/sboats-gn-coatofarms.html

And then, of course, there are the listings and pictures of both the pins and the cloth patches with ships' Wappen offered on ebay.de as possible guidance.

Kennt irgendjemanden, der in der Bundesmarine gedient hat, etwas darueber?

MfG
        Chris Bauermeister

Comment

CCW,

I think this cap/crest comes from 7.Schnellbootgeschwader (Jaguar boote). I knew that I had seen this crest before I just had to search for it again. Here is their web site. It will save me a lot of typing. There is an interesting picture from their site as well.
          http://s-boot.net/sboote-bundesmarine-7sg.html

Regards,

Gordon
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi to everybody,

first of all I have to make an apology to CCW because I'm going to hijack his thread... ...it's something that I really hate to do

....but when I scrolled through the website of the 7. Schnellbootgeschwader I was catched by a very unusual detail which can be seen in two pictures.
            There is a senior officer who is Commander of the german contingent in the UNIFIL mission in 2015 wearing a light blue cover on his cap.....I see this for the first time! ....never saw something like this before in any other Navy!!

Didn't know that such a cover (obviously only for UN missions) exists! wow!!!.......though it might be that it is a self made "upgrade", i.e.: a regular white cover died in light blue.

....looks a bit weird, but in somehow it's cool

Cheers,

Alex

Pictures by PIZ Marine

two more pictures that I found on bundeswehr.de.....

Last edited by comune1aclasse; 06-17-2016, 02:03 AM.

Comment

That is, in fact, very cool

No apologies necessary - I'm interested in almost anything about the Bundesmarine - the light blue cap cover is very interesting indeed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X