Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr - 1957 Soldier Combat Uniform - Display

Hello Gentlemen,

wanted to share with you a display I made.

As you can read in the title of the thread I wrote "1957"....the reason I did it, is because the belt that I put on the manikin is of the type which was introduced in that year. Nevertheless the pierced buckle lasted for a very short time and has been replaced by a full buckle with pebbled surface already in 1958.

The equipment is made up as shown on period pictures....
    ...in the last two pictures I made up the manikin with a simpler equipment; you may notice that I also swapped the belt with the first model which was mainly used on the dress uniform but has also been used largely on the combat uniform.

I hope you enjoy it

Cheers,

Alex

Alex,

that's an awesome display, wow. Thanks very much for sharing!

One remark concerning the pierced buckle belt. It was worn until the mid 1960's by the troops. Well known is the picture of Helmut Schmidt, then mayor of Hamburg, taken at a medal parade after the storm tide in 1962 (look at the soldier's belt far right).

http://www.mopo.de/image/15391144/ma...01-255-jpg.jpg

Lars

Comment

Hi Lars,

thanks for your kind words!

What a great picture...cool!......

Thank you for the correction about the pierced buckle belt. Good to know that the wearing of it has lasted that long time..... but did also the production of it last such a long time?

I thought that the belts which were worn well into the mid 60's were more likely stock remains but the production of it ended actually about a year later when the new full buckle was introduced .... so is the info that I got on another german speaking forum

Alex

Comment

nice display! Is the Klappspaten the 1959 model or one of the earlier ones with a harness like carrier, that was supposed to be worn across the chest?

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Thank you Klaus,

yes the shovel is a 1959 model...the earlier model that you are saying, which was designed to be worn across the chest, is still on my hunting list

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X