Issue uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue uniform?

Hey guys, had a question that did not pop up in any of the searching I've done on the forum. I have a pair of flecktarn trousers in a heavier weight cloth, similar to that seen on the older moleskin uniforms. The trousers are a lime green color way and pretty faded. Someone had done some unusual modifications when I bought them, namely sewing the arms of a much newer jacket to the legs to make them longer!

Now nearly 6 years later I've realized I have not seen another pair quite like this and wanted to see if anyone had info on them, as I had turned up nothing. I additionally have a flecktarn jacket in a green/grey-orange color way that I have not seen either, but it appears to be issue and I know early runs had color variations.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The trousers. Exposed snap cargo pockets, button rear pocket, marked GR.6 on the tag and a small "62" tag in the waistband.

Better color depiction. Sorry for the cruddy pictures

Tag sewn to the pocket of the trousers. Sharpie on there when I got them.

And finally, the trousers on the left, jacket at the top and flack vest on the bottom-right. The flack vest matches my other flecktarn hats, shirts and helmet cover in color.

Your trousers look like standard issued ones. There's still a wide variety of Flecktarn uniforms with different color shades in use by the troops today.

Comment

Excellent! I have been looking around more and begun to suspect that to be the case. In fact I had just hopped back on to delete this thread since it isn't adding any new knowledge. Thanks!

Comment

Themasterchef,

Welcome to the forum. All information is valuable so do not hesitate to ask questions. We are all here to learn and only questions and answers will help us do so.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

There was a very good Chinese knockoff set made in the mid 1990s. Quality of materials and construction was pretty good. The jackets are easier to spot because they are made from the same cloth as the trousers, which as you say is heavier weight. They tended to be brighter as yours is.

The big tip off is the labels. These uniforms used BW looking labels, but not quite right looking. IIRC the name was marked through with a black marker like yours because they had used a real German company name when making the copies. (Wahler IIRC).

I have a couple of sets somewhere that I might be able to locate. I checked for a photo of the label and I definitely don't have one.

If you post a close up of the label I might be able to rule the Chinese copy in/out.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X