• Show
Clear All

Two early W. German helmets

inside
    Attached Files

Stamps on the converted M-35.
    Attached Files

Comment

I found these two at the swap meet today. One was made by Quest and looks like an M-40, but it has no apron stamp. The other is a war time issue ET converted to post war use. They both have cork like spacers on the split pins, sewn in place chin straps and the same type liner.
      Attached Files

Comment

Police helmets, look like the model used by Baden-Württemberg and Saarland, although I assume no decals are present?

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
          Police helmets, look like the model used by Baden-Württemberg and Saarland, although I assume no decals are present?

Regards
          Klaus
          Klaus, This all that remains of one decal.
          Attached Files

Comment

Super condition !! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
              Super condition !! Tom
              Thanks Tom, I got to the swap meet early today and saw the seller pull them out of the box. They never hit the table.

Comment

Originally posted by p-59a View Post
                must be Baden-Württemberg then

Comment

Police Helmets

Originally posted by Jeroen P View Post
                  must be Baden-Württemberg then
                  Congrats! Two Beauties, and in bigger size than the usual 55-57! Another Example that the Police after 1945 used ex-Wehrmacht helmets.
                  Got myself yesterday a nice M-42 in dark green with Police liner and, interestingly, remnants of the 2nd(1967)-model police-star of bavaria.
                  There must have been quite a number of wartime helmets in use after 45...

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Originally posted by ReinerMB42 View Post
                    Congrats! Two Beauties, and in bigger size than the usual 55-57! Another Example that the Police after 1945 used ex-Wehrmacht helmets.
                    Got myself yesterday a nice M-42 in dark green with Police liner and, interestingly, remnants of the 2nd(1967)-model police-star of bavaria.
                    There must have been quite a number of wartime helmets in use after 45...

Best regards

Reiner
                    Reiner, As far as I can tell most of the war time helmets that were converted into post war Police and Border Guard use were converted back to look like the war time issue by those looking for an affordable helmet and those looking to rip people off. To tell the truth the M-35 had me scratching my head for a few minutes until it dawned on me what it was I was looking at. In fact until it dawned on me what I was looking at I was running the numbers in my head trying to figure out how much it would cost me to bring the M-35 back to as close as I could to its original condition.

Comment

Police helmets

Reiner, As far as I can tell most of the war time helmets that were converted into post war Police and Border Guard use were converted back to look like the war time issue by those looking for an affordable helmet and those looking to rip people off. To tell the truth the M-35 had me scratching my head for a few minutes until it dawned on me what it was I was looking at. In fact until it dawned on me what I was looking at I was running the numbers in my head trying to figure out how much it would cost me to bring the M-35 back to as close as I could to its original condition.
                      Yep, that´s the sadly truth. I see this old Police-helmets as a piece of history on their own; they are much rarer than original WWII helmets.I would not try to transform a Police-helmet back, it will never be an original again. Ripping off people is a wide-spread but sometimes even curious thing; few weeks ago I get an original M-53 with glued-on rivet heads to look like an M-40 but it was cheap, so I bought it as a curiosity. Best regards Reiner

Comment

Baden-Württemberg. Some of these were reissued to Saarland with decal scratched off. Normally Saarland decal would be applied, but possibly not always... so I would say Saarland Polizei is possibility.

The Quist shell is postwar manufacture for police. The ET helmet is interesting, because I have only seen reissued WW2 helmets for BGS and Niedersachsen before. This is first one I see for Baden-Württemberg/Saarland!

Regards
                        Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                          Baden-Württemberg. Some of these were reissued to Saarland with decal scratched off. Normally Saarland decal would be applied, but possibly not always... so I would say Saarland Polizei is possibility.

The Quist shell is postwar manufacture for police. The ET helmet is interesting, because I have only seen reissued WW2 helmets for BGS and Niedersachsen before. This is first one I see for Baden-Württemberg/Saarland!

Regards
                          Klaus
                          Klaus, I am not up to date on these type helmets. Why would Baden-Wurttemberg and Saarland be the only police with these type helmets?

Comment

Klaus, I am not up to date on these type helmets. Why would Baden-Wurttemberg and Saarland be the only police with these type helmets?
                            Because other states used different shells, paint and/or liners. Only these 2 used this specific combination.

Regards
                            Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X