BGS Lederjacke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGS Lederjacke?

Years ago I got this jacket, thinking it was a wartime privately purchased Panzer officer jacket.
    I think now that I was wrong.
    Searching on the Web I found some matches, saying that it's either an early BGS motorcyclist or tanker jacket.
    Is this correct?
    Is this kind of jacket common or rare!

Here are some pics, please don't consider the slip-on shoulder straps, wrongly added by me
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The interior is very rough and there are no labels.
      Attached Files

Comment

For sure it is BGS jacket. most likely from 1963 (seems that is when most were made). It might have also been used by motorcycle dispatch riders, but I think the primary use was armored vehicle crews. There is matching trousers that go with it.

You can check inside the left (IIRC) breast pocket for a label. It might have been removed, but if it is still there it probably has a date on it.

It's a valuable jacket relative to other leather BRD items. However, if you bought this as a WW2 "private purchase" item it is unfortunately likely you paid more for it than it is worth to a BGS collector.

Steve

Comment

Many thanks!
          I have checked inside the internal pocket but there are no labels at all, nor I can see traces of it. Looks like it never had one or that it was very well removed.
          The external conditions are ok, the internal lining has some repairs. For sure it was used in service.
          I'm planning to sell this jacket as it's out of my collecting area, and I need to make space at home!
          What do you think it can be a fair price for it?

Comment

For Sonderwagen crews, issued 1950s-80s. Later examples are normally a little greener. Motorcyclists wore rubberised coats and coveralls.

Value is hard to say, because many sellers offer these for very high prices (relative to the jacket) and can not sell them.

Regards
            Klaus

Comment

I agree with Klaus that it is difficult to assess the real value because there are too many people that think these things are worth piles of money. My guess is EUR 80 minimum, maybe EUR 100 max. That assumes it is not a size only a child can fit into and not a size that The Hulk could fit into. Price goes up or down dramatically when the sizes are extreme.

Steve

Comment

Many thanks for the explaination
                Yes, this is a perfect size, probably a european 50-52 since it fits me very well.
                Also very comfortable, but rather heavy.
                A jacket for tough guys

Comment

A size 50-52 is probably as big as they come! Whatever the value of the jacket of this type is, yours is on the high end. The trousers do come up for sale every so often. I bought two over the years. The second one because the first seller ripped me off and never sent it

Steve

Comment

Thanks again to everybody for the inputs

In case someone is interested, I've put the jacket for sale on the E-Stand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=853873

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X