New camouflage for Bundeswehr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New camouflage for Bundeswehr

The Bundeswehr has announced it has accepted "MultiTarnDruk" Starting out for special forces, perhaps expanding over time:

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/14...he-bundeswehr/

As a camouflage collector, I am of course very happy to have something new to collect

Steve

Yes, I have seen the new camos once in Munster at trails. I can´t understand it. The Bundesweehr faces a lot of very urgently problems. Very bad equipment, big problems with their weapons (no, nit the G36, ist is a fine rifle. But with other weapons). No unit is able to field a main body for combat, there are a lot of problems with their vehicles.

And what is important? A new field uniform. Okay.

Comment

I was confused, when I heard this too, considering all the scandals about equipment shortages, preparedness, etc. in news lately. Flecktarn seem perfectly fine to me, universal camo is good theory on paper, but not always work.

Regards
      Klaus

Comment

Unless Germany is anticipating a rapid desertification of continental Europe due to climate change, I suspect the use of this new pattern will remain limited to special forces for the foreseeable future?

I can't tell for sure, but doesn't this new pattern look like just another five color variant of the regular Flecktarn? If the drawing itself is new, then they sure went to a lot of trouble to make something that doesn't look all that different from the old drawing.

Marrying the Flecktarn drawing to Multicam colors has been done already, like in this Chinese-made commercial pattern being falsely marketed as German surplus by Sportsmans Guide, which would probably work as well as the new official pattern in most environments, even though it uses a different color palette with three shades of brown and no grey:http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...cket?a=1923572

Quick edit: Several photos at this link suggest that the drawing itself may be new (the NIR photo is showing the current desert pattern however, as seen on p115 of Schuster's book), as the spots and shapes in the new pattern seem smaller and thinner than those in Flecktarn. https://www.militaire-uitrusting.nl/blog. If my impressions are accurate, then they DID go through way more trouble to create this pattern than I thought they did!
        Last edited by Gene T; 02-15-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I agree. In fact, a few weeks ago a friend of mine started asking if I could get ahold of some of the "new" camouflage. I was very confused so I asked for a link. It was to a poorly worded announcement that the Bundeswehr was considering it, not that they had accepted it. My comment back to him is "unlikely to happen" because a new uniform is illogical. Well, so much for logic!

Gene, agreed that Sportsmans Guide is usually better than most when it comes to mislabeling things "genuine issue", this is one of those times when they have it wrong. Apparently this is made by Mil-Tec. Here's another link to the real one:

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/14...he-bundeswehr/

I can't tell if this is purely a recolored 5TD pattern or if the pattern itself has changed.

Steve
          Last edited by Collectinsteve; 02-15-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

It seem from a couple German language articles, that I read (including the official Bw site), the new camouflage is intended for special forces, then later to other units. Also only for areas with moderate to sparse vegetation and admit heavily wooded areas, like continental Europe, is not suited. So Flecktarn remain in use in Europe?

http://www.bundeswehr.de/portal/a/bw...-CXnfux_9yhaG/

Regards
            Klaus

Comment

Yes, that is my interpretation of the BW statements as well. I think it is intended to be used similar to the special issue Wüstentarn pattern, not general issue. Though I wonder if that applies to the snow uniform or only to the new 5FTD pattern.

However I don't really understand what this pattern is intended for. Many areas of Afghanistan would work well, but Germany isn't really planning on doing much more there or anywhere else similar. Unless Germany is suddenly planning to go to Syria instead of having the Syrians come to Germany

Steve

Comment

As far as I know the camo will be introduced in different shades for different areas.
                Only the equipment will be in one color to be used with all sorts of camos.
                We will see. I am reservist and I think I won´t get it.

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
                  As far as I know the camo will be introduced in different shades for different areas.
                  Only the equipment will be in one color to be used with all sorts of camos.
                  This makes sense and is consistent with other theories, but it makes the uniforms very expensive and difficult to manage supplies. Which is why most countries that say they are going to have 3 or 4 uniforms wind up with 2.

I am reservist and I think I won´t get it.
                  Probably, but I am sure you are very skilled in the art of "negotiations" Even I, as an ignorant American, know that any German soldier can be easily bribed with beer, Wurst, and/or cigarettes! I know it is true because I read it somewhere

Steve

Comment

Of course I will be getting a new uniform for me, but surely not official.

Most of my new combat equipment (tactical goggles, vest etc) I got on not very official way of supply.

But to be honest I don´t need them really.

Comment

None of us "need" any of the things we talk about. So what does "need" have to do with it?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                        None of us "need" any of the things we talk about. So what does "need" have to do with it?

Steve
                        need ??

How an unknown philosopher once say? To have is to be ...

Jens

Comment

I meant I don´t need it on my service.

For my collection of course I need it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X