Marine TrVsu 76 Marine jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine TrVsu 76 Marine jackets

One of the lesser known components of the famous TrVsu 76 program were two jackets made for Bundesmarine personnel in the Flecktarn "Klein" pattern.

As far as I know two types were issued. Recently I got the apparently rarer Modell I type. Here they are:

Modell I

Modell II

You can see that they are very similar. They are made from the same thick cloth (maybe some Aramid mixed in?) with a sewn in liner. Type I has slanted chest pockets and a single direction zipper. Type II has straight chest pockets and a two direction zipper. Type I has a gap between the bottom of the front zipper and the hem, Type II goes right down to the hem.

I do not know too much about the jackets that have been used since 1976, however I can say that the jackets issued recently are basically the Type II with two hand pockets and the Type I gap below the zipper.

Steve

Steve,

Great pictures and great info. Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

No problem! I was moving around some stuff and I was reminded that one of the TrVsu 88 "oliv" jackets is based on the Type II design.

Steve

Comment

For comparison, here is a Bundesmarine jacket (1981) and a TrVsu 1988 Modell B jacket. You can see the lineage very clearly. Anybody know what was in use prior to the 1980s?

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the comparison shots. I have a couple of these marine jackets in my collection and when I get home from Florida I'll have to look them over. Don't remember off hand what was worn before this time period.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks! I'm very curious to know what was used prior to the TrVsu 76 trial.

As far as I know the TrVsu 88 jacket (shown above) was intended as a work uniform for the entire Bundeswehr, not just ship personnel. Since the uniform was already in production, and a nice design if I do say so myself, it made sense to submit it for consideration.

Steve

Comment

A small update. New research and surviving examples indicates that the lined Flecktarn items of TrVsu 76 jacket were intended for Gebirgsjäger (mountain troops) and rejected. The cut of Modell II was later tested in 1988 for all ground forces in both 5FTD and Olive, but was once again rejected. It was finally adopted in the 1990s as the Bordejacke for the Bundesmarine (Navy) in navy blue color and later sand color.

As far as I know for the TrVsu 76 GJ uniform trials there is Modell I and Modell II consisting of jacket and knee trousers (I've never seen Modell I confirmed, but Modell II is confirmed). For sure Modell II was also made in Moleskin, so I presume Model I was as well.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

unfortunately I can't see any pictures of the previous posts of this thread. Are they no longer available or is it just my PC?

Lars

Comment

Lars,

Steve used a host to post his pictures and this host is no longer does this so the pictures are gone.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Yes, sadly I was one of the guys who got whacked by PhotoBucket's change in policy about public display of images. Just one of a few hundred million

I'm going to make a new thread sometime in the near future with new pictures and new information. There's some more research to be done before I do that. The correction in this thread is part of the result of that research.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X