Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference resources for NBC gear?

Hello all.

I am looking for some references on Cold War NBC equipment: BRD, DDR, US, Soviet, etc. -- I am not picky at this point. Is anyone aware of any books on the subject?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any reference books on the subject but most countries have a soldiers handbook wich you get when you go into the army.
    I got one being in the Dutch service ( handboek soldaat ) and there was a lot in it dealing with NBC.
    Almost every year there's a new edition,so if you would have one example of every decade ; you might see the progress in development as well.
    Here's a page from the West German version (Tashenbuch für wehrausbilding 1966)
    These books are cheap and have information on the subject and make a collectable on their own at the same time.

Kees
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chiffonnier View Post
      I don't know of any reference books on the subject but most countries have a soldiers handbook wich you get when you go into the army.
      I got one being in the Dutch service ( handboek soldaat ) and there was a lot in it dealing with NBC.
      Almost every year there's a new edition,so if you would have one example of every decade ; you might see the progress in development as well.
      Here's a page from the West German version (Tashenbuch für wehrausbilding 1966)
      These books are cheap and have information on the subject and make a collectable on their own at the same time.

Kees
      Very true..! i have a DDR military First Aid book that also deals with NBC situations, but i have always loved the 80's British Amy classic "Survive To Fight" manual - issued to soldiers it covers equipment, drills etc, even urinating while wearing an NBC suit..! i gather there is a pdf floating about on the internet, but it is pretty cheap to buy an original.

Comment

Thanks, I will check those out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X