Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour service unit - helmet

LABOUR SERVICE UNIT - HELMET

These helmet liners were worn by many different Labour Service Units (LSU) and not always with the same emblem on the front. From what I can find on line, the badge on the front of this helmet was worn by the 6941st Labour Service Centre (Guard) (Berlin). Possibly other LSU’s as well.
    The helmet bears the stamp of the manufacturer on the inside top of the liner. A script F in a shield for the firm of Firestone Tire and Rubber Company. Firestone made these “high pressure” M1 helmet liners from September 1942 until August 1945. The rivets on this liner show wear consistent with the use of the steel helmet worn over the liner.
    Now I can badge up my LSU tunic!

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gordon Craig; 12-17-2015, 10:05 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

#3,
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice helmet! Does it came together with the depicted photograph?

Comment

Great to see your LSU setup complete !

Jens

Comment

Congrats!! I also am looking forward to seeing the complete uniform. I assume the jacket is the one I sold to you a few years ago?

Steve

Comment

Really great liner !

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
                Very nice helmet! Does it came together with the depicted photograph?
                Lars,

No it isn't. The picture is from the LSU web site.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                  Congrats!! I also am looking forward to seeing the complete uniform. I assume the jacket is the one I sold to you a few years ago?

Steve
                  Steve,

Yes it is. Since then I have bought pants to match. Went looking for both yesterday and couldn't find them! Too much stuff.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Nice Helmet, better as my one I got from a costumes Dpt. a while ago.
                    Also hope to get the others and the matching Ike Style Uniforms.
                    BTW.: Is your's named?

Comment

NICO,

I haven't looked for a name but it was dirty when I received it and I cleaned dust out of the inside and didn't see any writing. I'll have to look now!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon,
                        many of the Berlin Helmets had a white Square painted at the Rim, mostly at the side, with a written Name in Black on it. Similar to the VN-Name Tapes.

Comment

Nico,

No name in this one. Thanks for info on the names. Didn't know that before.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                            Nico,

No name in this one. Thanks for info on the names. Didn't know that before.

Regards,

Gordon
                            Gordon,
                            I also saw some with the Name written on a white Tape, so maybe this one was removed when phasing out. Hard to find good ones with "German" on, most of them I had were overpainted and re-decalled with the Star Seal and even one with the very Late "SG" Put over the old Seal.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X