Cap Badge or Award?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap Badge or Award?

This came with some WW2 German bits but im not sure if ts a cap badge or an award or even if this is the right place to post it, what i do know is that its nicely done and im loving the way the pin and catch are riveted to the front Any help would be gratefull
    Attached Files

A very nice (older?) "proficiency" badge in silver. Commonly called the "sports" badge due to it's emphasis on physical achievement. Here's an English Wiki article on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...ry_Proficiency

Steve

Comment

Yes, it is an older riveted badge from Klein + Quenzer.

But we don't call it "sports" badge, because it represents more. The normal sports badge is only a part of this badge.

Some called it "Butterorden", because it looks like the label on the butter packing:

http://src.discounto.de/pics/Angebot...butter_xxl.jpg

Uwe

Comment

Made be Klein & Quenzer (K&Q) in Idar-Oberstein, Rhineland-Palatinate. "Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst" would be the correct designation. Soldiers actually call it "Leistungsabzeichen".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...ry_Proficiency

Comment

Correct and nice older vintage I earned mine in 1987 and it was made by Assman, it stunned me when I saw that LOL. TPK

Comment

With the name it is a little bit difficult.

1972:
            - headline in the manual ZDv 37/10 from 1972: Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst (Leistungsabzeichen),
            - on my first documents, up to 1979, it is named only "Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst", no word "Leistungsabzeichen".

1982:
            - headline in the manual ZDv 37/10 from 1982: Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst - Leistungsabzeichen und Reservistenleistungsabzeichen -,
            - on my document from 1986 you find both marked, first the "Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst" and next the "Leistungsabzeichen". Here was the possible choice between "Leistungsabzeichen" and "Reservistenleistungsabzeichen". The next marking is Gold, mit der Zahl 10.

1989:
            - headline in the manual ZDv 37/10 from 1989: Leistungsabzeichen I. Abzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst - Leistungsabzeichen und Reservistenleistungsabzeichen -, (additional, II. is the Schützenschnur)
            - on my document from 1991 is written: Leistungsabzeichen für Leistungen im Truppendienst Stufe III mit der Zahl 15. And that is partly wrong, it must be twice Leistungsabzeichen and the Stufe must be Gold instead of III.

Since 1996:
            - headline in the manual ZDv 37/10: Abzeichen für besondere Leistungen im Truppendienst a) Leistungsabzeichen. Now it is written Bronze (Stufe I), Silber (Stufe II) oder Gold (Stufe III).
            Additional: b) is the Reservistenleistungsabzeichen and c) is the Schützenschnur.
            All these three together are the "Abzeichen für besondere Leistungen im Truppendienst".

Uwe

Comment

Is K&Q still in business? I read they were under a different company as of sometime in the 1970’s.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X