Experimental firefighter helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimental firefighter helmet?

I have this Bavarian firefighter helmet. Is it a real one or is it a put toghther?
    How much is it worth?
    http://m.imgur.com/gallery/MEiJF

look like older model (1980s, 90s?) riot helmet for Bavarian police. Sorry, no idea of value, not my collecting area.

Regards
    Klaus

Comment

Britian_Jacky,

As Klaus says, this certainly looks like a polizei helmet. Possibly one that some firm has tried to adapt to sell to the feuerwehr instead of developing a helmet specifically to feuerwehr requirements. Interesting concept but probably not viable. There are a considerable number of specifically designed feuerwehr helmets on the market to choose from without buying a hybred. Thanks for posting the pictures. I assume from the lack of maker in your posts that there are no maker marks in the helmet?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Not see any evidence to indicate, that it was ever used as Feuerwehr helmet. I suspect was misidentification by the seller.

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Thanks klaus for the comments. Gordon- yes there is no maker mark in the helmet anywhere.

Comment

I think that Klaus has hit the nail on the head. A polizei helmet that has been misidentified. Riot squads in Germany wear a helmet with neck protection on the back like this one has. I'v attached a URL for Schubert's web site of their current polizei riot helmet complete with neck protection on the back. Lots of pictures on the web of similar helmets.

http://www.schuberth.com/de/polizei.html

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

That's a straight forward Bavarian police riot helmet. Though not of the usual Römer type, the interior and many of the pieces are identical to a standard type. There are a few variations of Römer designs (possibly other companies) so this isn't too surprising to me. They were used from the 1970s (as far as I know) through to the 1990s until replaced by Schuberth types.

My guess is your helmet is from the 1980s, but that is just a guess.

Here's a quick look at some of the variety of designs:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Römer...FUZWPgodcHQLnA

As for value... they aren't worth much. EUR 20 to EUR 40 in my experience. Size is important since many of the ones out there are tiny for the average modern day head size.

Steve

Comment

thanks so much steve
                thanks to everyone else for the comments. i really appreciate it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X