Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identify this 3FT uniform

Hi all,

I managed to get this rather interesting BW issued 3FT jacket that is very similar to the 5FT Kradkombi. It is a two piece uniform designed to be zipped together at the waist. It is partly made of Aramid and lacks the thick pads found in the 5FT version, but instead has thick Cordura type patches in similar places.

What is the use of this uniform? Any idea how long it was produced? Any idea where I can get trousers?

Thanks!

Steve
    Last edited by Collectinsteve; 06-21-2015, 10:02 PM.

Steve,

Only jackets that I have seen in this style in the past have been part of a motorcycle uniform. No doubt you have googled all the possible information from the label without any success. I don't remember seeing a label like this before. No NATO stock number and sold by LHBw? Another interesting research project.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

If I read the Label correct, it's a special Garment for female Soldiers.

Comment

Maybe to add, that the "DEU" stands for Deutschland, so Germany.
        A friend told me that he has to turn in his Dog tag for the new one with DEU as he still has the GE one what should stand for Georgia now.

Comment

I think that this is part of the new clothing system that is being introduced.

Marc

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts!

Here's what I found:

http://board.kdospezop.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1059
            http://www.sierra-313.de/community/p...6d79049a772a1c

It appears that the uniform is from a recent trials, started in roughly 2011. The uniform is supposed to consist of five different components made by the following companies. Initial quantities as noted:

- Kampfjacke 3-FTD Tropen (351 Stück Wahler)
            - Kampfjacke lang 3-FTD Tropen (175 Stück Wahler)
            - Kampfhose 3-FTD Tropen (526 Stück Wattana)
            - Kampfjacke 3-FTD Tropen Soldatinnen (118 Stück Wahler)
            - Kampfhose 3-FTD Tropen Soldatinnen (118 Stück Wattana)

From what I can there's a long and short jacket with trousers for men and a two piece uniform for females.

I found this requisition order for the female trousers:

http://www.lhbw.de/fileadmin/lion-ap...oldatinnen.pdf

Only 118 pieces in this contract. I don't think I'm going to find trousers to match my jacket any time soon

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Interesting info. First thing I though of when I saw the label was new style/type of uniform and probably not even in the trials stage yet. Keep us up to date on your research.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I can't believe I've not run into this before! Usually people on many forums talk about new uniforms in the works from even minor countries, not to mention major ones like Germany. Now that I know where to look I'm finding a good deal of information. Here is a 2012 article on the BW website:

http://www.bundeswehr.de/portal/a/bw...bH-xp9wNdWiDq/

I can't tell what the status of the trials are. It seems they might have started around 2005 (I found signs of proposals), went into trials in 2012, and now... I don't know.

Steve

Comment

Some more information.

It seems that Köhler is already making commercial copies of the 5FT, so be aware they are out there. No Aramid, just 65% polyester and 35% cotton.

On a hunch I returned to the seller I bought the jacket from to see if they might have trousers. I asked at the time of purchase and was told no. However, today is a different day It's not the right size (too small), which is a problem for a zipper kombi like this, but at least I'll have one of each piece. In hindsight I asked the wrong question before. I asked if the seller had "matching" trousers. Well, technically the trousers aren't matching because it's the wrong size.

Steve

Comment

Got this Info today, directly from the Army Command.
                    It's Part of the New IDZ (ES), so Infanterist der Zukunft (Erweitertes System)
                    Means Future Soldiers Advanced System, here for female Soldiers.
                    Took a while to check it, as the right Guy wasn't there for a while.

Comment

Excellent! Maybe your contact knows what the status of the IDZ (ES) is? The information I found is not recent. Is it still being tested? Is there a schedule for future development?

I hope to find more of these items, but so far the female set is the only one I've stumbled upon.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X