Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr "Iron Cross" 2008

Hello,

have you got any more info about that Iron Crosses ???

http://de.indymedia.org/2008/03/209783.shtml

As I understand correctly, they were unofficially introduced by herr Beck in 2008 to recognize combat deeds of Combatant Verein members, right? Was it awarded after 2009?
    Have you got any of that piece in your collections?

Any info would be much appreciated

This Iron Cross was never introduced or awarded officially. There was a brief discussion in the mid 2000's if a kind of EK should be introduced again. Instead of the Iron Cross the "Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr für Tapferkeit" was founded in 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesw...our_for_Valour

Comment

Thank you Kraut for reply!
      I know that this was not an official award - I just want to know if they were unofficially awarded to members of Reservisten-Verbandes der Bundeswehr ?
      And if yes - in what number, in what period etc.

Or it was never awarded at all ?? I'm asking mainly because I have find one of theese pieces a few days ago: very well made piece, marked for Klein.

Comment

In my opinon this IC never existed and was never awarded. Also no official blueprint.

It´s a satire. Not from Indymedia but from the german satire journal "Titanic"
        http://www.titanic-magazin.de/filead...stkreuz-pk.jpg

The text next to the iron cross says: dying have to be profitable again.

wikipedia says about indymedia: In Deutschland wird Indymedia z. T. mit dem Linksextremismus in Verbindung gebracht.
        english: in parts indymedia is linked with left-wing extremism.

Comment

Thanks for that thoughts !!!

Nevertheless someone decided to realize that idea into material piece...

Here are some pics.
          Not casted, but 3 piece construction with separate core. The core was laser-cut or stamped with very deep die.
          Marked "65" for Klein und Quenzer - I have read that Firma was taken by the descendant od herr Klein, it's still existed and making jewellery.

Someone put a lot of work here...

Take a look:

Comment

Wow that iron cross looks nice!

Comment

Interesting, yet a official blueprint?
              Or/and some collector replaced the core of an old IC. That would explain the patina and the markings on the frame. Also it´s a little bit narrow for the Bundesadler.

The one in the Titanic picture looks photoshopped. But this one is definitely real.

Comment

It's for sure modern made piece (all parts). Maybe chemically aged, maybe just bad storage.

I will take a better pics when it arrives to me (this photos are from seller).

Comment

Didn't Klein & Quentzer (marker "65") stop manufacturing medals in the 1970's? Could it be a put together of a vintage frame and a new core?

Edit: Read your last post now. IMHO every rank would have been in serious trouble awarding Iron Crosses "unofficially" to any active or reserve personnel.

Comment

[QUOTE=Borzadow;6930792]Thanks for that thoughts !!!

Nevertheless someone decided to realize that idea into material piece...

Here are some pics.
                    Not casted, but 3 piece construction with separate core. The core was laser-cut or stamped with very deep die.
                    Marked "65" for Klein und Quenzer - I have read that Firma was taken by the descendant od herr Klein, it's still existed and making jewellery.

Someone put a lot of work here...

Take a look:
                    This "Thing" is just a fake piece of fantasy junk, crap for sure. Is this long enough ? gee I hope so. Tom

Comment

Tom, all what is not legit (as f.e. postwar Souvals) are "just a fakes" to you too. You're a purist - that's ok. But I'm not.
                      So please don't start here another discussion about "what is fake and what is not" here.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
                        Didn't Klein & Quentzer (marker "65") stop manufacturing medals in the 1970's?
                        Yes, but they exist under new managment (I don't know of which Firma).

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
                        IMHO every rank would have been in serious trouble awarding Iron Crosses "unofficially" to any active or reserve personnel.
                        You're absolutely right! I haven't thought about that this way.

Comment

The reintroduction of the EK was never more than only suggestion by president of the Reservistenverband, so no prototypes or "blueprints" exist of such medal. And if they did, I doubt somewhat, that it would like satirical version in link with Bundesadler.

Regards
                          Klaus

Comment

Correct... the EK never made it back. There is only one high valor medal, which kinda stinks. Unlike the old German and current US (and many others) systems, there is no hierarchy for valor medals. Just the one.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=802331

Here is my bar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X