Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW Amoeba Camo in the film The last Hunter

Hello,

at first, let me introduce myself: my name is chris, i'm 31 and from germany (frankonia). Since the age of 12/13 i'm into military stuff, especially us and european camo clothing from 1940s - 1980s.

In the last days i watched the italian vietnam movie "The last Hunter", and beside those olive fatigues i noticed camo suits, that must be made from german bundeswehr amoeba shelters. Sadly the pics aren't that great but the distinctive thin white line in the pattern can be seen. One of the helmetcover also seems like amoeba.

But i'm not 100% sure, so what you think about that camo?

Its hard to determine the cut of the garments in the pictures ... maybe they used some of the camo-anorakts left over from the film "A bridge to far" where these were used to equip Waffen SS -soldiers ...

Jens

Comment

Hi Jens,

thanks for your input. Totally forgot the "A bridge too far" shirts and immediately googled them. Those shirts are in the same collarless cut as the original ss shirts. But the "last hunter" shirt has a collar (visible in the first pic/lobbycard) and in the movie the black soldier wears a complete uniform with matching pants in the same camo. In some scenes it's also visible, that the shirt has 4 pockets in BDU style. Another fact for my amoeba shelter suspicion is his rolled up sleeve, where the left side of the fabric can be seen, and it's a darker brownish pattern (like amoeba shelters). Maybe those "last hunter" camos are just another movie prop made of bw amoeba shelters

Btw, i think the old german amoeba camo is a pretty nice pattern and it's a shame, it was only used on shelters and some inoffical pieces like helmet covers etc.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Definitely BW amoeba camo. To me it looks like something custom made by the movie's costume workers because there is more than one of them. I had a BW style 2 pocket jacket made from amoeba cloth as well as a couple of the Bridge Too Far types.

Movies and TV are notorious for using what is easy to find instead of searching for the historically correct item.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
          .... Definitely BW amoeba camo. ...
          So it is !
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful shelter half!!!!!.............mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X