Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGS "Affe"

hey Guys,
    does anybody of you know if the BGS has used bags like this in its early years?
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/390947172305?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks
    Simon
    Last edited by Simon87; 10-14-2014, 03:06 AM.

Hmmm... I don't think so. The khaki cloth makes me think of ZB because that organization had khaki uniforms and equipment at the time. BGS was always blue green or green as far as I know.

Steve

Comment

BGS had only canvas rucksack, not the old-style Tornister. Not knew, that any government organisations used them in BRD. Civilian camping/Pfadfinder maybe? The hooks and straps for belt and D-rings are problematic there, but maybe it just copy of prewar models, which were also sold for civilians after war.

Regards
      Klaus

Comment

To me the canvass parts look a way "greenish-grey" like the breadbags or shelter tarps of the S-H Bepo made in the 50ies. So maybe one of the Landespolizeien was a little oldschool ordering the traditional backpack even in 1953 - in the same mood as ordering the old stile Tschacko until much later!

Jens

Comment

It`s not impossible...I have one Backpack in my collection, made complete in dark green canvas like the BGS MP-mag pouches, inner metal frame painted in BGS-Schwarzgrün, black leather parts, the (sadly missing) carrying straps smaller than the wehrmacht ones. No stamps on it, but from the look it´s definitely BGS/Police. Will post pictures as soon as I can lay my hands on a digicam. I have it since ca. 30 years; found it on a flea market. Never seen such a piece again.

Greetings

Reiner

Comment

I am almost certain such Affen not used by BGS and have found no documentation in all my research of it. The one mentioned in schwarzgrün could possibly be be Polizeien of some Bundesländer. Early 50s Polizei equipment is almost undocumented.

The straps of one in auction not look like typical for BGS either. All, that I have in my collection or have seen are folded over and sewn simple like y-straps (not under and with pattern) and y-strap ends not riveted.

Probably unlikely, but another idea could be German-made for some Austrian organization?

Regards
            Klaus

Comment

Thanks for the detailled response, mates! i'm looking forward to see your bag, Reiner.

Simon

Comment

Here are the pics from Reiner.

Comment

I thought, that Rainer meant a fur pack with canvas parts in schwarzgrün. This canvas style was used by at least some Landespolizei/Bereitschaftspolizei units in early years. West-Berlin had blue version with brown leather parts. Not sure, which state used this green like BGS, maybe NRW, RP or BaWü? BGS appear to have used only regular canvas Rucksack.

Regards
                  Klaus
                  Last edited by Klaus1989; 10-31-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I've got a couple of S-H Einsatz items from the early 1970s that use this color. Which makes sense to me because S-H was more like BGS than some other Polizei forces. Probably because BGS was headquartered in S-H and the state bordered East Germany.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X