Bundeswehr Camo Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr Camo Gloves

Here is a pair of West German camo gloves or mittens I found stashed away on a shelf while visiting War Relics Shop in Delaware. Are they 1950-60's vintage? Are they common? Not my collecting field, but I don't recall seeing many around. Comments welcome. Ron.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Nice find!

Production of Splinter camo items was from 1956 through 1957 only. They come in both Blue and Green variants (sometimes both on the same glove) with either smooth or pebble snaps. I don't know if the smooth type of snap is a replacement or not, but I do know a LOT of the gloves have them.

They are no hard to find. I usually see them sell for $34-$50 depending on condition. For camouflage gloves that is actually very high as people are usually not interested in them unless they are under $15. At least that's my experience.

Looks like someone decided to sew the right trigger finger opening closed. Personally I'd leave it that way as a soldier probably did that.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
        Nice find!

Production of Splinter camo items was from 1956 through 1957 only. They come in both Blue and Green variants (sometimes both on the same glove) with either smooth or pebble snaps. I don't know if the smooth type of snap is a replacement or not, but I do know a LOT of the gloves have them.

They are no hard to find. I usually see them sell for $34-$50 depending on condition. For camouflage gloves that is actually very high as people are usually not interested in them unless they are under $15. At least that's my experience.

Looks like someone decided to sew the right trigger finger opening closed. Personally I'd leave it that way as a soldier probably did that.

Steve
        Thanks Steve. I didn't by them and don't know what he is asking for them. They were under a pile of old stuff. I just thought they were pretty cool. Ron.

Comment

If you go back there, it would be worth finding out how much he wants. Anything under $25 is a really good deal.

Here's a set on eBay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-West-Ge...E:B:SS:US:1123

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
            If you go back there, it would be worth finding out how much he wants. Anything under $25 is a really good deal.

Here's a set on eBay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-West-Ge...E:B:SS:US:1123

Steve
            They really are not my field but if someone wanted to complete their splinter set, there they sit. Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X