BGS pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGS pattern?

I have got a mysterious piece of clothing. The pattern looks very much like the German WW2 Wehrmacht Swamp pattern, but the clothing feels more "modern". It is waterproof. The original colour looks like being dark green with the swamp pattern overprinted on one side.
    The clothing is 103 cms wide and on the edges you can still see the dark green on the swamp pattern side.
    Left German Wehrmacht WW2 Swamp - right "the mysterious pattern"

Photo of the unknown swamp pattern:

Photo of the unknown swamp pattern and its rear:

Thank you in advance for any help!

Best regards
    Henrik

not really look BGS to me. BGS Sumpftarnmuster material has khaki reverse side. Interestingly, pattern is almost between WH and BGS.

Comment

I thought maybe Czech , but looks different , Germans made some rubberized Clothing in Camo for gas warfare , maybe it is a piece for that , just guessing .

Comment

Maybe just another copy of this camo pattern ... remembering the news during the Lybian uprise one was able to spot different garments worn by members of one of the Lybian forces ...

Jens

Comment

Heh... well, I guess I should respond here instead of remembering to reply to your email from weeks ago

One possibility is that the Wehrmacht did have a anti-chemical warfare suit in Sumpftarn. It's in Peterson's book, I think. I don't know where my copy is right now or I'd look and see. Someone here must have copy handy.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve et al.,

Thank you for your comments! The "Gasschutzanzug" is featured both in Peterson's book "Wehrmacht Camouflage Uniforms 6 Post-War Derivatives" and "Camouflage Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht" by Werner Palinckx with the late Dr. J.F. Borsarello.

Some of the pieces depicted in those two books have the same "lighter" colourway as my piece of clothing. I would of course love to have a piece of the Gasschutzanzug-clothing from WW2 - but I'm still not convinced that the material feels like "WW2".

BTW, here is a pair of trousers of the Gasschutzanzug:
            http://www.kpemig.de/Hose-zum-leicht...uter-Zustand_1

Best regards
            Henrik

Comment

Hi Henrik!

The colors of your cloth, both sides, looks like a match to the WW2 cloth. I have never seen any material like this for post war uses, so for now I think what you have is WW2 cloth intended for anti-gas items. At least until some evidence proves otherwise.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X