Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air force or tank inner helmet?

Hello guys!

This item here found its way to my home lately in a box of East German items. This is not my area of expertise, nor my area in whatever other way, I'd like to get some information on it!

Preferably; is it indeed an inner helmet for tank/APC/airforce-crews? How old is it and lastly (as it will have to go to someone else in the end): does it have any value whatsoever?

The pictures:

Button marked "original prym" - zipper marked "zipp" - stamp reads something like "Striwa".

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jan,

I replied to your post on the International sub forum. This a summer luftwaffe helmet. I haven't seen this mesh helmet before but I am familiar with the three metal snaps on the leather pieces. They are for the attachment of an oxygen mask. Lots of research hasn't led me to any answers though as to the type of mask, when it was worn or with what helmet.
    As was said by Bernd on the International forum, STRIWA has been a long time provider of military gear like this in Germany. They made lots of luftwaffe gear during WWII. No idea of a price.
    In WWII the Luftwaffe used mesh flight helmets in the summer. I have at least one at home but I am about 1000 kilometers from there tonight. Off on holidays for the next two weeks. I'll see if I can find something similar to post on this thread.

Regards,

Gordon

Jan,

Found a picture of an LpK101 flight helmet from the Luftwaffe in WWII. These helmets came with a built in head set and throat mikes. Your helmet was obviously worn over a separate headset and the mike would have been built into the oxygen mask.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gordon Craig; 07-29-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X