Bundeswehr Postcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr Postcards

One of the more interesting (in my opinion) and underrated areas of 'Militaria Collecting' is postcards.
    They are reasonably easy to acquire; quite cheap and (generally) not too "repro'd".
    I'd like to share some of mine. In this case, the subject-matter is the Bundeswehr. As you will see (from a close examination of the style of uniform depicted) the period covered in these is probably from the mid-50's to the mid-60's.
    Hope you find them interesting.

N
    Attached Files

Another one.
    Attached Files

Comment

One more:-
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the link to the ones that I have!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=700029

Comment

Those are all awesome!....is there any way to get translations for each for us that dont speak german?...thanks....mike

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
            Here is the link to the ones that I have!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=700029
            I remember 'stumbling across' these some time ago (I went looking for them, as I wanted to post mine with yours, but couldn't locate the 'link'). Many thanks for posting it here.

It's interesting how the German postcards you have show uniforms that are very much non-German, ie. the characters are in 1940'4 US Army uniforms. My guess is that the 'market' was US personnel serving in Western Germany. In this regard, I think the last card gives a clue (the 'little fraulein' is addressing the guard in a number of languages, no doubt to find out where he's from).

Fascinating stuff.

N
            Last edited by Nachrichten; 08-04-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X