Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubber coat WH ?

dear hall
    I bought this coat on ebay for use by reenactor.
    is very believable and well done. but what model is it? Rubber is outside, inside is in canvas. is very similar to the 2ww German motorcycle model but in this case there is a cover under the collar. No marking inside.
    What do you think? thank you for your help.

(sorry I can't post image yet.. )
    Last edited by Passo Stanco; 06-29-2014, 02:29 PM.

coat

xx

Comment

coat

Comment

These were made post war in the '50s - '60s I think. By DDR or BRD?

Comment

coat

thank you very much.
          is a great coat. is possible to give this thread in DDR or BRD section ?
          grazie

Comment

West German for sure...

Comment

Shame about the moth damage!

There should be a label on the inside right pocket area (I forget specifically where in this coat). The label most likely specifies the date it was made. My guess is early 1960s.

Steve

Comment

coat

thank you
                sorry, in the internal side no marking, no date, only a number 50. The size I think.

Comment

Maybe west German police ... The Bundeswehr coats are different ftom that one, staring with the fact that they don`t have silver buttons... The complete cut is slightly different....

Jens
                  Attached Files

Comment

yes, is very different.
                    my coat is with a green rubber and it have a big cover on the right side for the collar. green is the color of german police?

Comment

I agree with Jens that this isn't likely Bundeswehr. It should be well marked and I've not seen this design before. The old Bundeswehr type I have is nearly the same as the WW2 type.

I have a couple of pre 1976 Polizei rubberized coats, but I can not access them to check on style. I think the ones I have are all in the standard "greatcoat" design meant strictly for rain protection. This looks like it might be for motorcycle use. Could be BGS or Polizei.

Steve

Comment

It is a police motorcyclist coat. Both BGS and Polizei used such style with flap on right shoulder, but the colour of the materials, especially collar, make me think Polizei (these also varied by state, so not sure which). BGS collar should be somewhat greener. What colour is collar? It look grey in the photos.

Hard to find photos of police use, but have seen ones for Bremen and Hamburg. At least for BGS, they are very uncommon in period photos and instead see often the early rubberised raincoat instead. If I remember correct, my early BGS raincoat has no markings either.

Regards
                        Klaus

Comment

Please search the net for "Kradmantel". You'll find various pictures of different styles of WH, BGS an Bw variations including e.g. this one with Bw label for comparison:

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CCwQrQMwBA

Comment

The collar does have the typical BW early brownish colour ?
                            Not the PO green mottled colour ?
                            nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X