No announcement yet.

BW combat knife M1968

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this Knife and used it for many Years as a Boy Scout.
    Better than every "Ranbo-Knife" what you could use to Butter a Bread but no working.
    A while ago I got a Box of Spare Part's, everything except Blades.

Comment

Hello all,

I happened to buy this knife. It was an auction on a well known auction platform that deals only with weapons.
      The pictures weren't that nice but I tried my luck anyway....

On all pictures that I can find in the web the blades always sport markings.....but this knife doesn't

I would like to know your opinion on it.

thank you,

Alex

Comment

I think I have some broken Blades in my spare box without any Markings and I think to remember also some Handles without the BW, but they came with a huge VEBEG Lot about 20-25 Yrs ago, so they're no Civy copies. They allway's bought the cheapest Offer, they just had to meet the Specs.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
          without any Markings ... they came with a huge VEBEG Lot about 20-25 Yrs ago, so they're no Civy copies. They allway's bought the cheapest Offer, they just had to meet the Specs.

hmmmmm...... this sounds kind of good ....gives me some hope that the Goddess Fortuna assisted me

am curious if there will be some more comments though....

Comment

I also have one of these knives. When I was stationed in Germany in the 70's, I found the knife in the attached photos at a small shop in Tubingen. Maybe 20 marks or so, I don't remember. It worked well for me at the time and I still have it. I had it engraved with my name, unit and the place where I was stationed at. It was a very nice knife!
            Kim

Comment

Thx. for showing !

Comment

Hi all
                Thought I would show my 68'
                its a HSK 70 in pretty good order..

Comment

I have one of these marked "FES / Rostfrei" on the blade ricasso. It has a serated blade section as well as a bottle opener cutout on the blade. The molded plastic hilt has false screws and a tri-color diamond on the obverse. Do we know if these are private purchase "PX" knives or reproductions or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
                    I have one of these marked "FES / Rostfrei" on the blade ricasso. It has a serated blade section as well as a bottle opener cutout on the blade. The molded plastic hilt has false screws and a tri-color diamond on the obverse. Do we know if these are private purchase "PX" knives or reproductions or something else?
                    Hi !

Such knives were made for tourists, nothing more ...
                    Absolutely non Military, sry. ´bout that, mate ...

Comment

Originally posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
                      Spotted following makers:

FKS 69,
                      FKS 70,
                      HSK 70,
                      R. Klaas 69,
                      R. Klaas 70,
                      OFW 69,
                      OFW 70,
                      WKC 69,
                      WKC 70;

Some more maker´s ?
                      WKC 71

Don´t think, such pattern knives were manufactured after 1971 for use in the Bundeswehr actually ! ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Auctioned for an amount of Euro´s 45,-- including shipping in-country a few days ago ...

Such pattern knives arent that expensive to get, even, nowadays !
                        Attached Files

Comment

2.):

Pretty carried, but, still collectible !
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X