Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr Insignia Board

Hi All,
    A friend has had this for a while, and I decided to get it over the week end.
    Just thought you would like to see it. He thought it came from a recruter station. who knows? Comments welcomed!
    Attached Files
    Terry Keller
    "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
    Rammstein

label close up
    Attached Files
    Terry Keller
    Rammstein

Comment

it could be from a recruter station or made by someone who really enjoyes to name all the baret insignias.
      because you can buy them easily.
      but a very nice arangement!
      christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. This is a professionally made board, all the names, etc are printed into the board itself, if you know what I mean.
        Yours,
        Terry Keller
        Rammstein

Comment

Not my sort of period, but they're an attractive display. I only have a few of these badges on berets etc that were bought as army surplus from PG Wing years ago. One or two of these badges on their own don't appeal, but like a lot of other types of badges I find a "ready made collection", especially if they are "official" in some way, nice items.

Comment

Hi Leigh,
            Induvidually they are not mine either. But like you said, on something semi-official, I like them.
            Yours,
            Terry Keller
            Rammstein

Comment

Not exactley my forte either....However

Comment

They are a cheap attractive way of covering up that bad patch.

My home made version.

Cheers,
                David.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by David C; 11-17-2004, 09:26 AM.
                At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

I've seen the display Terry showed at various places, including the Kleiderkasse in Koblenz and the Mannschaftsheim (EM Club) at the airborne school in Altenstadt, so they were produced in some official/semi-official capacity.

Comment

Hi Guy's!
                    These Boards were made in the 80's, and for sale for about 35$ on Cardboard only and with the wooden base for about 45$.
                    They were also authorised for public sale as in military shops.
                    I had about 40 sets of these for sale in the late 80's, but they are all gone.
                    BR
                    Nicholas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X