BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st pattern BW moleskin tunic found in Spain !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st pattern BW moleskin tunic found in Spain !

Gentlemen, having just returned from a two week holiday in Spain, I show a first pattern "Moleskin" jacket I found in a second hand clothes shop in the city of Granada, Andalucia in Southern Spain.
    Bought for 15 Euro, a bargain as these jackets are very rare to obtain now a days......
    It should be noted that the first pattern had no top button and was fastened from under the collar by way of a separate strip of cloth (as on the Filzlouse tunic), see attached image.....
    This example looks to be unissued and is in mint condition, the makers tag shows it to be made in July of 1963, as most of you will know, the national flags on each shoulder did not originally come on the first pattern and like the early Parka/Anoraks were often added later.
    The shop also had a number of mint BW Parkas with the removable linings at 35 Euros, but my baggage allowance was small, so I shall return in September and buy one........hope they have some left !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Files

makers label................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Files

Comment

A large amount of these hit the surplus market a few years ago. Many unissued. The odd thing was finding 1963 unissued jackets was easy, but trousers much more difficult. Conversely, finding 1967 issued jackets and 1967 unissued trousers was also pretty easy. So if you wanted a matching unissued set from the same time period you had to look pretty hard, but if you didn't mind a mismatched set it was pretty easy!

BTW, the shoulder rank is a great find! Those usually go for EUR 5-10 on their own. So you got a really good deal at EUR 15 for jacket and rank. Not to mention not having to pay another EUR 10 for postage

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X