Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Mountain Troop Ski Blouse...1958.

Gentlemen, my 1958 dated enlisted mans "Gebirgstruppe" Ski blouse/jacket for the rank of "Soldat"...this style of tunic is still worn today by the BW Mountain troops. This example is dated April 1958, and is made from a much heavier and darker woollen type material than its contemporaries.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Files

more.......
    Attached Files

Comment

This last photo shows my 1987 dated Ski blouse for comparison.
      Prost ! Steve.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations on the find! Like the earlier uniforms (quality seem higher to me). It is interesting, that EdelweiƟ worn on right sleeve like WW2. Had noticed this in photos before, but never actually seen early Skibluse in someone's collection.

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Steve,

That's a real beauty! I've got a a pre 1963 type which, unfortunately, is not dated. It's an officer's an seems to be legitimately badged. The cloth is similar to later types, but a little finer. Definitely not thick like yours.

Klaus,

For the first few years FJ and GJ units were the only ones with arm badges. They were worn on the right arm. When badges were extended to all units, they all were worn on the left arm (as they are today). I do not remember the year of transition but I think it was 1958. Which means my Skibluse is from sometime after that because the badge is on the right arm.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X