2013 Collecting News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Collecting News

Would be interesting to have a thread for the members here to show their acquisitions for the past year 2013 (inspired by the DDR subforum). Just to share what news from previous year and such, or any surprise finds.

I was absent here most of year from hobby due to move and work/move-related not leave much time this summer, so was not good year for me, but managed to obtain finally sumpftarn smock and the BGS "moleskin" or Sommerrock. Along with several other articles. Most surprising was maybe the early Regenmantel (which deserves own thread, once I restore it - not a Kradfahrermantel) and the BGS/Bw practice stickgrenade, which I have seen only before in period photos. Biggest disappointment was the rare 1st or trial model BGS Tarnjacke in Sumpftarn, which disappeared in the post almost 10 months before

Anyway, here is some of my acquisitions for 2013. Not bad for a "bad" year, once I look all together! Look forward to see others collections.

Regards and ein frohes Neues Jahr 2014 (a week late...)
    Klaus

Schweet! I've really been wanting one of those smocks for a while....someday maybe.

Comment

Great finds Klaus,

I'm always looking out for new things in the new year. 2013 was a good year but I hope 2014 is better in the field of collecting. Best of luck in the new collecting year

Comment

Originally posted by BWilhelm View Post
        Schweet! I've really been wanting one of those smocks for a while....someday maybe.
        There was recently one on ebay. Just continue to look and they appear occasionally (and be prepared to pay about USD 200-300 for it). I look still for the rarer splittertarn smock. I had chance to buy one a damaged one and took too long to decide, then was sold, and good ones sell for hundreds of Euro, when on ebay.de!

Comment

Cost isn't the biggest hurdle; finding one in metric 52 is my problem. I'm kind of tall.

Comment

Mine is quite small - the sleeves are short and it sort of wide (otherwise would fit ok). Probably Euro 44 or 46 short/wide. Very faded, so was worn, unlike most, which are mostly almost unissued condition. For a small, stocky-built person maybe?

Here is better photo on display, setup for a Zugführer, ca. 1958. Think I posted it in the thread about it, if I could find it.
            Last edited by Klaus1989; 01-07-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Gentlemen,one of the the highlights for me was my acquisition of RKT Kurt Bentin's uniform..........
              Prost ! Steve.
              Attached Files

Comment

The man.....RKT Kurt Bentin...............
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X