Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown shoulder straps

Hello all,
    Can anyone tell me anything about these ??
    Many thanks,
    Fez

Is it just me...looks like the PORSCHE logo. It's has for sure to do with Baden-Württemberg.

Comment

Boards

The one on the far right looks like an SS standartenfuhrer's shoulder board, save for the silver piping. The one next to it looks like some kind of 3rd Reich era police NCO.

Comment

For the Porsche Logo, the Horse is missing.
        It's the Seal of Würtemberg Baden, the later Baden-Würtemberg used from 1945 to 1952. The new Seal was approved with the "Gesetz über das Wappen
        des Landes Baden-Württemberg vom 3. Mai 1954", so the Law on the State Seal.
        I would go for Fire Service.

Comment

Is there much call for these ?? I dont collect fire brigade so will be moving them on. Any idea what they are worth ??
          Many thanks,
          Fez

Comment

fez,

There is not much interest in Feuerwehr items so not a lot of cash value here. I do collect some Feuerwehr stuff and I have never seen thees so that would be a problem for me as I am not sure exactly what they are. Pictures of the back of the boards might be useful.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
              For the Porsche Logo, the Horse is missing.
              It's the Seal of Würtemberg Baden, the later Baden-Würtemberg used from 1945 to 1952. The new Seal was approved with the "Gesetz über das Wappen
              des Landes Baden-Württemberg vom 3. Mai 1954", so the Law on the State Seal.
              I would go for Fire Service.
              Wappen look like Württemberg-Hohenzollern - Württemberg-Baden has the red/gold colours of Baden alternate with the antlers. Fire Brigade sound most plausible - just a guess (could be wrong), l to r:
              - Brandmeisteranwärter? (BaWü use currently gold for Brandmeister/höheren Dienst, would fit with higher quality embroidere Wappen)
              - Feuerwehranwärter? (as simplest design)
              - ? Anwärter + rank stripe
              - ? this look like Feuerwehrmann rank for most West German states, but Württemberg-Hohenzollern use narrower strap with magenta piping, from one photo of uniform, that I found
              - ? (this strange and certainly look more SS/paramilitary, than postwar, but if postwar Fw, maybe some higher leader rank or some type of candidate?)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X