• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank,

Great insider information.

Many thanks,
    TJ

Comment

Gentlemen, having just obtained the first model snow jacket, dated 1962, it is missing its hood ! anyone got a spare one ?
      It is rather "salty" well used, considering hoover's comments I am surprised it is still in one piece, very flimsy ! but it does the job !
      TJ it is a Mauser 1888 commission rifle, well spotted....since sold as I did not quite fit in
      Here,s the jacket............a bargain at 8 Euro ?
      Prost ! Steve.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Steve 5; 01-07-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Does any one know what this small sewn in label denotes ? reads "BIII928", a clothing store label ? ........there is one on the inside too, that reads "BD 705"
        Prost ! Steve.
        Attached Files

Comment

These labels should be a identification mark for stuff when going to the centralized washing facility ... I found them in several garments. Maybe one of the insideres can confirm that.

Jens

Comment

The label in the background of your image is the same as ones we had ironed onto our uniforms when they went to the Army cleaners, British Army.

Marc

Comment

Thanks for your replies Gentlemen............most informative ! I shall now go and source a hood, as I intend it to adorn my "filzlouse" display............
              Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Yes, the tag is a "Waschmarke", a tag added by the washing store. With that number the different items of a soldier could be identified. The items had been washed not together and were put together after the washing. The clothing bag got the tag and the items in it.

I would like to see the women if hundreds of clothing bags came in the store.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X