redressed mannequins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

redressed mannequins

For a small exhibition in my barracks I prepared two mannequins with items out of my collection. My friends will show some other, like Filzlaus. But here are my two freinds.

60´s or 70´s Budneswehr Unteroffizier with standard gear (quite boring, ins´t it? )

My 50´s guy is more interesting, I think. Standard infantry splinter camo with gloves. M1 steel helmet and German made 6x30 binoculars (made by Steiner, Bayreuth and a perfect copy of the US M6 glasses), G1 Rifle and experimental FN Fal ammo pouches from 1957. I think I will leave the uniform on that guy.

Nice displays (and nice stuff behind your friend ). Wow... the experimental ammo pouches!! Nice to see something like that on this forum instead of just a book. I wonder why they rejected the design. It looks quite functional.

Steve

Comment

Hoover,

Interesting experimental ammo pouches. Do you have any photos that show close up views of the front and back that you can post?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Very nice looking mannequins

While re-arranging my WH mannequins a few months ago I've decided to do quick set up with some of my BW-gear.
        This was the result.

IMAG0204.jpg

Comment

Cool, that´s what I wore on my last Reservists exercise. Chestrig from Lindnerhof or Arktis?

I just got a new mannequin, but tihs will be an early Blumentarn NVA soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
            Cool, that´s what I wore on my last Reservists exercise. Chestrig from Lindnerhof or Arktis?
            - So did I
            It's a Lindnerhof Chestrig and an my old but trustworthy Sabre SF Smock

Horrido

Comment

I just got a new mannequin, but tihs will be an early Blumentarn NVA soldier.
              hoover,

A mannequin with earlyBlumentarn sounds like a great idea. Right now I have a mannequin in early BW splinter on one side of one room and a mannequin dressed as an Austrian gendarm diagonally opposite. Probably time for a change and if my blumentarn is big enough to fit the mannequin dressed as an Austrian then that is probaby what will hapen.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

currently I have a bg space problem. I have on cellar full of boxes with my collection I don´t need to handle with often (Argentine 1982 stuff for example).

One room with my collection and my mannequins, my attic is full of boxes and now I have started to store my bigger boxes. And my office is a small library...and my girlfiriend would like to burn it all

So I don´t have the space now to show my weapons (M1919A6, MG42, MG3, 81mm M1 mortar and all the other nice stuff) or the other uniforms.

Why I can´t collect only patches or stamps?

Comment

@Towarish, are they your official Bw-shooting glasses?

I don´t get them because I am wearing glasses and they don´t give me the special glasses with inserts, so I have to use the old big bolle goggles to wear over my glasses. We get them only for "Auslandseinsätze" and have to take them back after return home. Reservists are not that well supplied here.

Comment

Hoover,

We have the same problem. Too many uniforms from too many different countries. My wife would also like to see it burned. My guns are almost all gone. No room for both firearms and uniforms. I need a house for my collection and another house for my wife.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

@Towarish, are they your official Bw-shooting glasses?

I don´t get them because I am wearing glasses and they don´t give me the special glasses with inserts, so I have to use the old big bolle goggles to wear over my glasses. We get them only for "Auslandseinsätze" and have to take them back after return home. Reservists are not that well supplied here.
                      Those are a pair of Sawfly Revision - they are the standart issue eye-pro now.
                      I've privately purchased mine a few years ago tho.
                      The US Army issues them as well so supply and spare-parts are no problem.

Cheers,

Comment

Hoover,great display show;
                        Be sure to bolt everything down before the exibition opens,cause
                        there are some greedy individuals out there !
                        All the best,
                        Kees

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                          Hoover,

We have the same problem. Too many uniforms from too many different countries. My wife would also like to see it burned. My guns are almost all gone. No room for both firearms and uniforms. I need a house for my collection and another house for my wife.

Regards,

Gordon
                          Gordon;
                          Maybe gently offering her a prefab garden pavillion might do the trick in creating more space for your collectables.
                          You can dig a pond next to it and call it a swimming pool to upgrade status (women love status).
                          A whole other house like you say seems so drastic.
                          Maybe her answer will be; yeah a garden pavillion sounds great,you can stuff your old uniforms inthere !
                          Always be delicate in these matters.
                          All the best,
                          Kees

Comment

For a small exhibition in my barracks I prepared two mannequins with items out of my collection. My friends will show some other, like Filzlaus. But here are my two freinds.

60´s or 70´s Budneswehr Unteroffizier with standard gear (quite boring, ins´t it? )

My 50´s guy is more interesting, I think. Standard infantry splinter camo with gloves. M1 steel helmet and German made 6x30 binoculars (made by Steiner, Bayreuth and a perfect copy of the US M6 glasses), G1 Rifle and experimental FN Fal ammo pouches from 1957. I think I will leave the uniform on that guy.
                            realy nice

Comment

@ Towarish, yes, I think I have to buy my glasses myself. Then I won´t have the problem with the issued ones.

Hey, the glasses are 50 € each, and there is no money? And they are buying crappy Puma-****cases or stupid A400M "I carry nothing" transport planes for millions of €uros?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X