Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Brit Para with BGS camo helmet scrim

Gents,

I came across this picture a couple of weeks back that purportedly depicts a current member of the UK quick reaction force recovering his chute on a drop zone.

I thought it interesting that his helmet cover appears to be made from 1960s vintage BGS marsh pattern camo. Here I feel compelled to laud this trooper for his impeccable taste in camouflage.

His attire is a veritable smorgasbord of camo that includes the latest "mulit-cam" pattern along with the traditional DPM. Very cool.

All the best,
    TJ
    Attached Files

Very interesting Mix indeed.

Comment

Very interesting picture!

Comment

That's nuts! Maybe the guy is ex German citizen or from mixed parentage?

The cover looks more like recent Sturm type cloth, not a genuine BGS item. It wouldn't fit on the helmet anyway.

Steve

Comment

The helmet cover may have been borrowed from one of the Spanish Paras that were on the same exercise. Currently the TDPM Body Armour is still issued for use in the UK (inc NI), and his MTP is of the earlier pattern.

Marc

Comment

Maybe cut from a Libyan uniform ... ?

Jens

Comment

Definitely not Spanish. They have no connection with Sumpftarn of any type.

Off the shelf commercial IMHO.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X