gesellschaftsanzug for ID s.v.p.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gesellschaftsanzug for ID s.v.p.

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-23-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Comment

To me it reminds me of the jackets worn by German miner unions or similar organizations.

If it was early 1950s I can easily see how some RZM buttons became replacements for the lost originals. Even today, nearly 70 years after the end of the war, it isn't difficult to find RZM buttons. In 1950s Germany they would certainly be extremely easy to find. Ironically probably easier to find than the post war manufactured buttons!

Steve

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-23-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiffonnier View Post
            Steve,I think it's even possible that it is a completely home made item.
            So I can't rule anything out especially not from you.
            However air force blue for minng or bergbau would be the first for me that I see.
            If you ever need post war buttons let me know.

Kees
            You mean like these?
            I also have silver ones in their original boxes incl. Cap buttons with Cotter Pins
            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

If you want something obscure, Nico probably has it in quantity. Somewhere

The color of the cloth also puzzles me. From what I've seen miners wear black, which makes sense. They also seem to always have buttons with embossed hammers on them. So my guess it isn't from a miner's union, but something perhaps similar. Some other union or maybe a special item for a civil servant organization? One thing we all know about Germans... if there is a formal organization, there's probably a special uniform for it Well, at least in the old days that was true. I suspect it is less true today.

Hand made is entirely possible. I doubt these sorts of uniforms were mass produced on any large scale back in the 1950s (which I presume is when this was made). There probably wasn't enough of a market to do that. If that guess is true, small to medium sized tailor shops would probably make them to order. And that would show more signs of "hand made" than "factory made".

I think we can all agree this isn't BW, BGS, or other major BRD governmental organizations.

Steve

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X