No announcement yet.

1950s BGS Summer Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always considered this as just regular police,no BGS.
    All the best,
    Kees
    Attached Files

Comment

BGS Arbeitsanzug. No idea what the trousers look like, but I have two different styles of jackets. I'll try and take some pictures tonight. One has an arm badge on it, the other does not.

Steve

Comment

Steve,
        Arbeitsjacken are to see in photos with (later times) and without (earlier, but also later) arm shield. These fade much and often appear almost white in black/white photos. Are there more differences than arm patches between the 2? Interested to see your photos. I was not sure, which material these were, but interesting that it different from Sommerrock. I search long time for one and still have not seen it. But I have BGS Schiffchen in same drillich material.

Regards
        Klaus

Comment

Hi Klaus,

A found one of my two jackets and was reminded that I also have trousers! Mine is identical to Kees' in all major ways. The HBT cloth is not like the Sommerjacke, but maybe once they used to have the same color?

One interesting feature is the black buttons. They appear to be original. Normally BGS buttons are dark brown, dark blue gray, or (much later) green.

Steve

Last edited by Collectinsteve; 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Interesting, that it from 1970! Normally, you not see them in photos after 1960s.

Regards
            Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X