JG73 MIG29 Flight Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JG73 MIG29 Flight Jacket

I would like to share this JG 73, 1. Jagdstaffel, Flight Jacket - The pilot name patch is missing. All patches are sewn directly to the jacket except the name patches which are attached by velcro. The front zipper appears to be replaced.

Last edited by naxos; 12-22-2012, 02:46 PM.

Nice jacket! Thanks for sharing your photos. I've found replacement zippers are somewhat common on these. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by SprogCollector View Post
      Nice jacket! Thanks for sharing your photos. I've found replacement zippers are somewhat common on these. Nothing to worry about.
      Thanks!

Comment

Are the patches attached to a grey backing and then attached to the jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by SprogCollector View Post
          Are the patches attached to a grey backing and then attached to the jacket?
          The grey material is not backing but edging (Paspel) around the patches.

Comment

Sorry, as a member of JG 73 "S" as well as of the German MiG-29 community I may express some doubts.

It is highly unusual to have two nametag velcro backings on the jacket, one for a standard name tag (which only non-rated personnel uses) on the left side and one for the plate with the wings, the silhouette of the aircraft and the name on the right side. Also, such an edging of the wing patch and of the squadron patch I have never encountered before. And by the way, the velcro for the narrow name tag sits way too close to the zipper.

The whole stuff for sure isn't added by a MiG-29 pilot to this jacket.

One question: Has the jacket inner pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post
              Sorry, as a member of JG 73 "S" as well as of the German MiG-29 community I may express some doubts.

It is highly unusual to have two nametag velcro backings on the jacket, one for a standard name tag (which only non-rated personnel uses) on the left side and one for the plate with the wings, the silhouette of the aircraft and the name on the right side. Also, such an edging of the wing patch and of the squadron patch I have never encountered before. And by the way, the velcro for the narrow name tag sits way too close to the zipper.

The whole stuff for sure isn't added by a MiG-29 pilot to this jacket.

One question: Has the jacket inner pockets?
              I really appreciate your opinion on this - Thank you!

And to answer your question - No, no inner pockets.

What do you think of the patches? Are they original? I have seen many "Fighting Fulcrum" patches on eBay but the MIG-29 on them is always in red.

Comment

Okay, thanks, the jacket is an original one, the label sits in the right place and it has no inner pockets.

The patches are okay also, my MiG-29 patch on my flight jacket is exactly the same as Yours. They came with white or red inscription and even with a cyrillic MiG-29, these are only different versions. But most pilots wear other MiG patches, sometimes with the number of flying hours on them. This patch of Yours was in use from the very beginning of the FULCRUM era, I got mine for example in 1991 as an award for the first ever photo rides in this aircraft.

IMO there are no contemporary patches which must be considered not original as most of them came from the same source of Sticker-Shop Strerath ( http://www.sticker-shop.de/ ) and I do not think that it makes a difference if You buy there directly or over the PAO of a wing which ordered the stuff there also ...

Comment

RamJet

Thank you again

Frohe Weihnachten!

Comment

Thanks, naxos, I also wish You a merry Christmas!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X