ID on Alkero visor winged tyre badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID on Alkero visor winged tyre badge

Blue piped grey-ish blue or blue-ish grey Alkero visor with winged tyre badge and unknown kokarde.
    another busdriver or public transport?
    your thoughts please,
    all the best,
    Kees
    Attached Files

We just have to find out who used the Colours in the City or District Seal or Flag.

Comment

frustrating thing is,I'm sure I've seen a visor like this on the WAF,but I can't find it.

Comment

I would like to know as well. In the Reich there was the Heavy Trucking Association, which used 2 tyres and an eagle--but that was a national organisation, and this would have to be state/city.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

stonemint,

My thoughts exactly. I would lean more to a city than a state because of the colours on the cockade.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

The apearance of the cap reminds me of the BW caps fpr civil personnel made in the 60ies ... in this timeframe it was usual for many professions to wear hats of this kind. Altough most of them are in company colours maybe this is a cap for a gas station warden or a similar profession with automotive or transport connection ??

Jens

Comment

geflügelter reifen mützenabzeichen or winged tyre capbadge advertised on ebay as being bahn.
              some of you must know this seller because he has over 20000 adds.
              that's a lot(Stephans-Militaria)
              it's the same badge as on my visor.
              sadly badly discribed in the add so still it could be a gaspump attendant or LKW,truck transport related.
              I'm still going for busdriver,public transport.
              bundesbahn bus reisedienst or etwas.
              thanks for your thoughts,
              Kees
              Attached Files

Comment

Stephan is for sure well known ... especially for having a large stock of metal insignia of any kind as he bought the surplus stock of one or two manufatureres reducing their warehouses / beeing closed down some years ago ( OLC was one of them I think) He also has tonns of the Sanella insiginia even in half finished condition...
                So it he may also not know what he sells as it comes out from a big pile of boxes without further information but a catalogue number (which is not readable becaus no one has the full catalogue...)*

Jens

* I don`t know his warehouse ... but a guy I know has also bought some tons of this kind containing buttons and insinia of variouse kind which came in this condition..

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
                  The apearance of the cap reminds me of the BW caps fpr civil personnel made in the 60ies ... in this timeframe it was usual for many professions to wear hats of this kind. Altough most of them are in company colours maybe this is a cap for a gas station warden or a similar profession with automotive or transport connection ??

Jens
                  This was very true in the US from the early 20th Century. Gas station attendants, milkmen, etc. had hats. I don't think many had badges on them, but I'm sure some did.

I also like the theory this is from a bus driver or some other transportation related use.

Steve

Comment

This is the Third Reich Heavy Trucking Association cap badge:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint,

Great foto. Sure seems to give a link to trucking for the badge above.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I feel from my water (dutch saying) that chances are big the visor was from an obus fahrer,a type of bus with a electric train like guiding system.
                        known as trolley bus as well.
                        you have the wings for the public transport as in many train related badges,and the tyre for a road vehicle.
                        a lot of pictures of obusses on the net but few with driver.
                        and because the bus in each picture can be seen completely,drivers are pictured small and no possibility to identefy visors let alone the badges on those.
                        stonemints badge shows 2 tyres wich could indicate heavy haulage.
                        like 4 tyres on one axle at the rear like most trucks have.
                        just a thought.
                        if someone is interested;on following website you can spend hours going through photo's of mostly trains,but also busse,trams etc.
                        http://www.drehscheibe-online.de/startindex2.php
                        great site.
                        here's an obus.
                        Kees
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X