Unknown BRD Screwback badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown BRD Screwback badge

Good morning, I've had this badge for +/- 10 years and have never been able to find out what it is. It's a heavy, 2 part construction job 2"/5 cm high. It's obviously not a souvenir. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...oyard/BigO.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/...oyard/BigR.jpg

Never saw that before

Comment

Boyard,

Welcome to the forum. The badge is unknown to me as well. The date, 1990, may indicate that it has something to do with the reunification of Germany. Is there a maker mark on the back of the badge or anything on the nut?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Nix, nothing!

Gordon,

Thank you for your welcome. I hope to make useful contributions to the forum.

The answer to your question is: no. I don't understand it, given Germany's love for identification in all fields. This is not a cheap badge, it weighs 38 grams!

Kind regards,

Boyard

Comment

Boyard,

Too bad there are no markings on the pin. If we knew the maker you could research it that way. As it stands, I am afraid it will have to remain an unattributed German pin.
          We are always looking forward to new members and their contribution to the forum.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

From a friend in Germany: "Possibly a badge that was sold in Berlin to remember the falling of the wall".

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
              From a friend in Germany: "Possibly a badge that was sold in Berlin to remember the falling of the wall".

Marc
              I guess it should have 1989 for the fall of the Wall. Reunification is a better idea for this.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Which is what I suggested earlier.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

The Mystery BRD Screwback Badge

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your efforts. Maybe in 150 years' time it will be the most sought -after item in the BRD collector's world!
                  All the best,

Boyard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X