German honor cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German honor cross

This is the first one of these that I have seen on the market.
    Is it original?
    If it is, is this representative of their current market value?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400332938020...84.m1438.l2649

Jack

Hi Jack,

http://www.ordenthw.de/shop/shop.php...u9q3&s=&id=352

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
      Uwe, you forgot this: - Bitte Verleihungsnachweis zusenden -

as Bender is one of the original Makers, there only allowed to send it to people who got this awared. Everybody else wouldn't get them.

Was also stated by the ebay Seller:
      A rare German Order as the sale to German citizens who have not been awarded this Order by the German Government is illegal in Germany.

Comment

The seller is in Australia so German law is limited.
        I would imagine this cross would be rare to the collecting community.

Jack

Comment

Nico,

I write it now once more:
          For Bender one need a legitimation, but it must not be the award document.
          And everybody can buy this decoration without a legitimation on ebay, 2 offers for example:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bundeswehr-Eh...item4abd600880

http://www.ebay.de/itm/14m-Ehrenkreu...item3f1623a4b4

Uwe

Comment

indeed, ownership is legal, but wearing it is illegal.

So the seller is wrong in that part.

Frank

Comment

Thanks guys.
              I appreciate your information on the Honor cross.

Jack

Comment

I imagine that they just use old stock of the Ehrenkreuz in Gold and add the oak leaves to the ribbon. So, if you bought the Ehrenkreuz in Gold, you would have exactly the same medal as the Ehrenkreuz für Tapferkeit (apart from the device on the ribbon), it would just be less "official", am I right? If you collect all grades of the Ehrenzeichen, that would make a difference of course, but personally I wouldn't really mind

Comment

Just use German ebay much cheaper for the same award. I collect West German military awards and I have just about all classes of the award except the Tapferkeit award. I also have the Bundesverdienstkreuz awards also everything below the version with the Star. I've yet to find the Star award for a reasonable price

Comment

Originally posted by RedCatcher1986 View Post
                    I collect West German military awards and I have just about all classes of the award except the Tapferkeit award. I also have the Bundesverdienstkreuz awards also everything below the version with the Star. I've yet to find the Star award for a reasonable price
                    Same here.....the Bundesverdienstkreuz breast star award is very difficult (and expensive !) to obtain !
                    Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Irideacorgi View Post
                      Same here.....the Bundesverdienstkreuz breast star award is very difficult (and expensive !) to obtain !
                      Prost ! Steve.
                      Ive seen the Star award for sale a couple times but most of the time I see it for anywhere between $600 - $800 and I really have soul searching to do every time I see one and I decide not to spend that much on the star.

On an even rarer note, Ive only seen the Star and Sash version for sale once and that was going for almost 1,000 Euros

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X