Cleaning kit information please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning kit information please

A while back, I picked up a few cleaning kits that I've not seen before. Two of them are in regular postwar RG34 cans but are marked 9mm and the contents are geared towards that end (9mm brush, shorter pullthrough, etc). Judging by the colors of the cans, I assume that one is army and one is police? I guess that they were made for either the MP5 or Uzi? I've never seen them before. I also picked up a couple RG53 kits. These are a complete mystery to me. Who used them and when?? They're neat but I'm simply clueless about them. Educate me please.

Last edited by BWilhelm; 10-18-2012, 01:34 PM.

Greetings and welcome to the forum. While we do deal with firearms related subject on the BRD Forum from time to time it is not something we deal with in a major way. I suggest that you post you questions on the Firearms Forum and hopefully you will get an answer there. If you do get and answer, I would appreciate it if you would post it to this thread.
    I have a number of the post war RG34s myself and have owned some of the later plastic cased cleaning kits. I have never seen a cleaning kit such as the two that you posted.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

The RG 53 I already saw several times ... but did not get one in my hand yet. Anytime I swa it it was related with a police armoury. To my knowledge it was never used by the BW. The RG 34 I know from BW origin were build between 1957 and 1963, most of those found today are made 1962 / 63.

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X