original Ehrenmedaille?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original Ehrenmedaille?

This is my first post-1945 German medal, is it original? It looks a bit cheap and light and the finish on the reverse looks rather sloppy. But to be honest, on the pictures it looks totally different, more "original" than in real life. I was wondering if this one is a collector's replacement or not.

Many thanks

If it looks cheap, it must be original Bw.
    Joke aside, at least the medal ribbon looks 100% ok for me. So I believe the medal is original as well. (I had not been aware that these medals were already faked???)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
      (I had not been aware that these medals were already faked???)
      It wouldn't surprise me anymore if they actually were.

Comment

It looks fine to me I dont think its fake. Did it come with the case that usually has the manufacturer on it? Isnt there a specific company that is contracted to produce and supply awards to the Bundeswehr?

Comment

No, it came just like this, without its case.

I'm not very fond of cases by the way, you pay extra for them and then I just display the medal and put the case away in a drawer and never look at it again.

Comment

I know of several Makers of these Medals, but normally they can't be sold without a proof of the Award.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
              I know of several Makers of these Medals, but normally they can't be sold without a proof of the Award.
              That's a pity of course, but Honour Crosses, Einsatzmedaillen and Einsatzmedaillen Gefecht etc. are regularly being sold on eBay.de and on German militaria websites. I've always wondered how come this is allowed, despite regulations. I've also heard of the existence of collector replacements, which can be sold freely, and I wondered if my medal was one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroen P View Post
                That's a pity of course, but Honour Crosses, Einsatzmedaillen and Einsatzmedaillen Gefecht etc. are regularly being sold on eBay.de and on German militaria websites. I've always wondered how come this is allowed, despite regulations. I've also heard of the existence of collector replacements, which can be sold freely, and I wondered if my medal was one of those.
                I figure it's fine but I also notice on ebay.de most of the sellers ship worldwide I think that may have something to do with it because its geared towards an international market. Its similar to how a Congressional Medal of Honor cannot be sold or purchased inside the United States but they can be purchased on the International market. Stranger things have happened. I picked up almost all of my Bundeswehr medals from ebay.de

Comment

dead link to the picture, here it is again:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X