Big box with a nice uniform lot Bw 1960-65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big box with a nice uniform lot Bw 1960-65

Today my latest purchase arrived ...based on two crappy pictures I purchased a lot of unifom stuff which was offere as being one uniform with 5 jackets... on the pictures one looked as if it had pointed boards, also the ribbon bar was visible . Some additional stuff was anounced later ...

This is what I took out of the box today ... fresh out of the woodwork US collectors say...:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Asbjoern; 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM.

The greatcoat is datetd 1956 and later modified to round boards. The multi purpose coat - KKB marked - has an additional liner. Never saw this before. Thecoats and some other items show signs of intense use but only the more or less unused two pocket tunic and its trouser has two little moth holes...
    Attached Files

Comment

Everything is "as found" ... the aguilettes are o.k. but completely out of order, the older jackets well stained ... I hope most of the stains will dissappear at the drycleaner... the ribbon bar is mounted by pushing the needle through the fabric. But one of the older tunics has matching loops for the bars. The jackets are mostely KKB made ... the visor and the sidecap too. The sidcap is the item telling me the name of the former owner: OTL Grunwald.
      The M56 cap is interesting as it is made from the same fabric as the EM / NCO version ...all officer grade caps I saw up to now are made from fine fabric ...
      Attached Files

Comment

After having it in hand I like this lot very much ... especially because of the two jackets on the left. The one with the clearly pointed boards is most possible the oldest. Its the only one without a unit patch ... but beside this another feature makes it a veryvery rare jacket...its a non lined summer tunic with removable shoulder boards !!
        The other tunic has only semi-pointed boards and may be a transitional piece from the time of change. The rank insignia is of the embroided type ...

When all the itmes are cleaned I´ll take some more shots!!

Regards,

Jens
        Attached Files

Comment

details...
          Attached Files

Comment

What a haul! Great score there Jens!

Comment

What a catch those jackets look real nice.

Comment

heh... no wonder I haven't heard much from you the last few days. You've been busy with this great stuff!

Embroidered shoulder boards? Extra Mantel liner? Custom made M43 cap? Early summer jacket? Trousers with matching colors? Early ribbonbar? Yeah, you did a little better than OK with this

A couple of years ago I managed to purchase a summer jacket like yours. The only thing wrong with it is the body oder that came with it. P-U!

Steve

Comment

Early light blue collar tabs for Quartermaster?

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                    heh... no wonder I haven't heard much from you the last few days. You've been busy with this great stuff!

Embroidered shoulder boards? Extra Mantel liner? Custom made M43 cap? Early summer jacket? Trousers with matching colors? Early ribbonbar? Yeah, you did a little better than OK with this

A couple of years ago I managed to purchase a summer jacket like yours. The only thing wrong with it is the body oder that came with it. P-U!

Steve
                    Yes sometimes a lot of great items come with a deplorable stench I prefer to do without

Comment

Thanks for your kind words! The two lightgrey uniforms are already at the dry cleaner... regarding the last experience with salty uniforms I hope to get them back in near to new order... for sure a little oldtime-smell will stay...

The colour is sadly not the early Quartiermeister blue - its defietely Logistik - Blau. Most possible the guy served in a maintanance unit as befor in WW2 which is in my eyes plausible with the KVK on the ribbon...

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
                        Thanks for your kind words! The two lightgrey uniforms are already at the dry cleaner... regarding the last experience with salty uniforms I hope to get them back in near to new order... for sure a little oldtime-smell will stay...

The colour is sadly not the early Quartiermeister blue - its defietely Logistik - Blau. Most possible the guy served in a maintanance unit as befor in WW2 which is in my eyes plausible with the KVK on the ribbon...

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by RedCatcher1986 View Post
                          Yes sometimes a lot of great items come with a deplorable stench I prefer to do without
                          You're in Fort Polk? I'd have thought you'd be used to it by now, what with being in hot swamp with a bunch of guys running around with 80 lbs of gear on

Steve

Comment

Wonderful ribbon bar and a great grouping in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                              You're in Fort Polk? I'd have thought you'd be used to it by now, what with being in hot swamp with a bunch of guys running around with 80 lbs of gear on

Steve
                              By all means Steve, this is not a location I ever desired to be located at.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X